It was back in mid-2018 when we first heard of Remnant: From the Ashes, as Gunfire Games and Perfect World Entertainment geared up to develop and publish the third-person survival-action shooter. Well, some months may well have passed since that initial announcement but today everything gets a little more real – with the confirmation of an Xbox One, PS4 and Steam release date, alongside a glorious new trailer.
So, without beating around the bush, Remnant: From the Ashes will be found dropping on to Xbox One, PS4 and Steam on August 20th 2019, with us being treated to a number of worlds, each of which will be found full to the brim with dangerous inhabitants.
Running as a third-person action shooter that takes in more than a smattering of survival elements, Remnants: From the Ashes will challenge up to 3 players in a variety of tense combat situations, as they go up against over 100 deadly monsters and more than 20 epic bosses across dynamically generated stages.
In order to survive, this group of wanderers will need to explore the endless worlds so that they can build an arsenal capable of taking down the foes, with upgrades available thanks to a flexible gear-centric progression system.
See, in Remnant: From the Ashes, interdimensional beings known as the Root have decimated humanity, leaving the world ravaged by the invasion. As a survivor seeking to reclaim Earth from monsters, it is up to you to venture beyond the World Stone, a relic enabling travel between worlds. Traversing bizarre and beautiful dynamically-generated environments filled with unpredictable enemies, potential allies and untold secrets will be the main focus of the action, but you can be sure that each journey beyond humanity’s stronghold will challenge you at every turn, forcing your group to learn through victory and defeat as they amass an arsenal of weapons, armor and mods to create the ultimate survivor.
“Remnant: From the Ashes is one of the studio’s most ambitious projects; it challenges how we traditionally play with design, to create the game’s signature dynamically-generated environments,” said David Adams, Co-Founder of Gunfire Games. “The result: worlds we know will thrill players with intense gunplay, endless replayability and vast secrets for them to uncover.”
“Gunfire’s vision for a survival-action shooter, with exciting moment-to-moment gameplay, was one we knew we had to help bring to life,” said Yoon Im, Senior Vice President of Global Publishing at Perfect World Entertainment. “Remnant: From the Ashes will deliver a fresh experience for fans of challenging combat scenarios and rewarding survival-action co-op gameplay. Be ready to fight, adapt and overcome!”
Coming in at a price of $39.99 (or the local equivalent) when it releases on August 20th 2019, Remnant: From the Ashes on Xbox One, PS4 and PC will include the following features:
Game features include:
- Intense Combat – The many foes of Remnant: From the Ashes each possess their own set of attacks and tactics. Playstyle is defined by combining powerful firearms, melee weapons and mods that imbue survivors with the tools to rise against any challenge.
- Flexible Gear-based Progression – Every journey beyond the stronghold on Earth is an opportunity to slay powerful bosses and gather valuable resources that will upgrade characters, allowing players to venture confidently into even more dangerous environments.
- Mysterious Story – The Root invasion of Earth had enormous consequences for our world and others. After years of decimating humanity, its remnants begin to strike back. A tower looming above players’ strongholds may hold the answer, but they must travel through the World Stone to unknown worlds for the answers.
- Endless Challenges Await – Randomized worlds, rewards and enemy combinations offer an endless combination of challenges with each playthrough. Utilizing knowledge gained through each death is the surest way to achieve victory.
- Epic Bosses & Enemies – Each of Remnant: From the Ashes’ four distinct worlds is filled with dozens of deadly denizens totaling over 100 unique enemy types. Surviving the hordes leads players to one of the game’s 20+ world bosses, each requiring their own tactics in order to defeat them and obtain one of their unique rewards.
- Host-based Co-op – Players can teleport beyond the World Stone solo for a greater challenge, or alongside up to two other survivors to even the odds and increase chances of survival.
If you wish to know more, then the trailer found accompanying the release date is right below. Make sure you check it out pronto! The question is… Can you survive!?!