Are you ready to grab some folding chairs and drop some of the most intense elbow action known to mankind? Action Arcade Wrestling is here!
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PS4 – with a Nintendo Switch drop occurring a little further down the line – Action Arcade Wrestling is the wrestling title you’ve been waiting for, doing away with the realism attempted by the WWE series and bringing fun back to the wrestling ring.
Priced at £12.49, Action Arcade Wrestling by VICO Game Studio and Reverb Triple XP delivers you the chance to embark on a manic journey with more than 30 incredible wrestlers and over 25 different match types. You’ve got your 5 on 5 Tag action, some Tornado Tag teamwork, four way matchups, a bit of Battle Royale and a ton more.
It plays on the brilliance of the 1990’s wrestling titles, intent on delivering fast paced arcade action, as we get the chance to superkick and spin our way across the ring. With power attacks and superhero-like abilities attached to each and every one of the 30 odd wrestlers included – plus the chance to let your imagination run wild with the AAW Wrestle Lab as you create your own star – Action Arcade Wrestling comes to market leaving little on the canvas.
Key features include:
- Retro Gameplay Action Satisfaction – Intuitive 2-button controls allows players of all ages and skill levels to easily jump into the arcade wrestling mayhem.
- A Match for Every Style – Over 25 playable game modes are planned including One vs. One, Tag Team, Three-way match, Four-way match, 4-10 Person Elimination matches, Tornado Tag, Battle Royal, Trios an
- Roster of Extraordinary Wrestlers – Choose from 30+ unique, superhero-like wrestlers that you won’t find anywhere else!
- Old School Flair – 3D cel-shaded visuals bring a vibrant throwback arcade look that captures the outrageous and colorful past of wrestling games.
- Animated Madness – Over 700 hand-crafted animations to perfectly capture the movement and antics that make AAW unique to the wrestling world.
- Customization Galore – The FREE Wrestle Lab Creation Suite puts more creative power in the hands of players. Loads of wrestler and arena options are available including body morphing, texture uploads,
“Wrestling games are made for home consoles and we’re so happy to finally bring Action Arcade Wrestling to PS4 and Xbox One,” states David Horn, producer for Action Arcade Wrestling. “We felt that certain wrestling games focus too much on the simulation aspects or just the star power of their roster, and forgot about making a fun wrestling game. That was our number one focus when making AAW and we’re extremely proud to bring back fun to wrestling games again.”
We’re well up for a battle in the ring and will be sure to dropkick our review thoughts your way once we’ve spent some serious time with Action Arcade Wrestling on Xbox. Keep an eye out for it.
For now though you can join the fight by heading to the Xbox Store and picking up the game on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S, or the PlayStation Store for those preferring that side of the format fight.
Let us know what you think of Action Arcade Wrestling too.
Perform a BODY SLAM, knock’em down with a CLOTHESLINE, pull off the classic PILEDRIVER AND… shoot LIGHTNING BOLTS into your opponent’s face?! Whatever you do… don’t find yourself looking up at the lights! Action Arcade Wrestling brings everything you love from 90’s wrestling games with its own twist of chaos and fun. Join the action and step through the ropes in this fast-paced, arcade wrestling extravaganza to superkick the overly simulated wrestling games out of the ring! Choose from a roster of 30+ outrageous wrestlers executing their powerful attacks and superhero-like abilities in the most over-the-top wrestling game ever conceived. If that isn’t enough crazy for you, jump into the AAW Wrestle Lab to create your ultimate wrestler. The Wrestle Lab provides an unprecedented amount of creation tools where gamers can unleash their creativity. Whether it’s your favorite superhero or most feared monster, the Wrestle Lab is only limited by your imagination.