Having done the business on PC through Steam previously, it’s now time for Blade Assault to focus on blasting its way through the console worlds. That’s what will be happening this September.
Blade Assault comes from PM Studios as they announce that the action-packed 2D side-scrolling cyberpunk rogue-lite from Team Suneat will be releasing on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch. When? Well that’ll be September 30th 2022.
Taking place after the devastating Red Stone War, the world has been divided into three regions – the mutant infested outside grounds, the Undercity where people have fled to seek refuge from mutants, and the sky city Esperanza where the rich and powerful rule over the world. It’s here where you’ll need to go out and fight, taking on the corrupt military of Esperanza as part of the resistance force of the Undercity. Will you be able to bring the corrupt to justice, become stronger and fight alongside your trusty comrades?
The release of Blade Assault on console will mean that players get the opportunity to take in all the content that has previously been released on PC, including:
- Three playable characters, each with their own unique playstyle and signature weapons
- 200 different items from Cores to Gears
- Enhanced weapons to turn them into the beasts they need to be to take on the monsters flooding the world
- Seven bosses
- The Friendship System encourages making friends and earning rewards from the game’s NPCs
- Assault Level that unlocks after “finishing” the game and tests the mettle of even the toughest player with endless hard-mode waves of enemies
We’ll be sure to remind you when the release comes about but expect some physical versions to hit PlayStation and Switch. For now, take in the official release trailer below and let us know what you think.