Forget World War 2, this is more Weird War 2 as a squad of damned soldiers prepare to unleash hell in Mad Devils. That’s the setup for the upcoming co-op twin-stick shooter from Itzy Interactive and it’s bringing its hellish twist to Xbox and PlayStation this summer. Want to know more about the antics you’ll get up to in Mad Devils?
Inspired and influenced by absolute classics like Helldivers and Loaded, Mad Devils is a co-op twin-stick shooter that’s playable either alongside an AI partner or a real human – with both online and local capabilities. Get ready to take control of the titular Mad Devils, a team of elite GIs who were sent on a mission to stop the maniacal Major Strauss. The hope was to foil his plans to summon an army of demons in order to turn the tide of World War 2 against the Allies. It didn’t quite go as expected.
Having failed in their initial attack on Strauss, you will reassemble and lead the Mad Devils squad. Made up of demolitionists, snipers, commandos and more, these hell-warped heroes fight with infernal firearms and new-found demonic powers. Hence you’re able to cut a bloody swath through hell’s residents as well as a battalion of damned Nazi soldiers.
Check out Mad Devils main features below:
- Play as one of six unique characters with their own upgradable weapons and powers.
- Fight side-by-side with either a friend or AI squad mate, on- or offline.
- Enjoy a rich story campaign penned by UK author, Dr. Greg Buchanan, whose credits include No Man’s Sky: Atlas Rises, Paper Brexit and Metro Exodus.
- Use upgradeable demonic powers and WWII inspired weaponry as you wage war against the Nazi.
- Unique cover system, a mix of levels with procedurally generated areas and destructible set pieces.
Leading the Mad Devils will have to wait until the summer if you’re an Xbox or PlayStation player, however those of you on Steam could try the demo or request to participate in the playtesting phase. Let us know what you think of Mad Devils by leaving a comment!