Part 2.5D adventure puzzler, part RPG experience, full-on wholesome creature capturer, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is one of those games which instantly stands out. The best thing about it though is not just found in the brilliant use of colour, or via the chance to head out on an adventure of a lifetime, it’s the fact that it’s out right now on Xbox, PlayStation and PC.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S (unfortunately not yet optimised for Series X|S as this could well pop even more when it is), PS4 and PC through Steam, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is the creation of Manavoid Entertainment and Skybound Games – and it promises to deliver the player a super-rich, highly colourful adventure.
Priced at £21.74, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan proves that not all heroes look the same; some deal in the fantastical use of colour. It’s here where Rainbow Billy thrives, sent into a world that is ripe for exploration as you are left to solve puzzles, befriend the most unique of creatures and, ultimately, restore all the colour to the world.
Sold as being family friendly and openly accessible, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan will have you going deep into caverns, to the tips of various coves and around a world in which empathy and the chance to make a difference is always at the fore. By doing this you’ll be able to help Rainbow Billy translate some of their colour to those in need of it, before creating a team of folk all with the same mission.
If you’re up for helping out in the World of Imagination then you’ll find the following key features helping you along…
- Explore a World of Imagination: From dark caverns to remote islands on the stormy seas, discover a rich, wholesome world filled with treasure, friendship… and danger!
- Fantastic Adventure with Relatable Themes: Restore color to a monochrome world and help your friends be their true selves in a story about empathy, courage and friendship.
- Befriend & Collect Cute Creatures: Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Solve Intricate Color Puzzles: Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Vibrant 2.5D Visual Style: Rainbow Billy’s art style blends the personality of modern 2D cartoon characters into an imaginative 3D world with an energetic soundtrack to match!
- Open Accessibility: We want Rainbow Billy to be playable by everyone so we’ve included many different accessibility features like color blindness support, a Dyslexia friendly font, Single Joystick controls and more!
- Fish for Resources: Because who doesn’t love a fishing mini-game?!
We reckon Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan could well be a bit of an indie hit. Our full review is currently in the works and will be able to confirm whether or not that is the case. In the meantime you can grab a download of the game from the store of your choosing – the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S players, the PlayStation Store for those on the other side of that diminishing and fast-becoming-irrelevant format wars, and on PC through good old Steam.
Let us know in the comments if you decide to pick this up.
Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is a wholesome, creature capture, 2.5D Adventure-Puzzle-Platformer with RPG elements. It is a family-friendly and openly accessible adventure in which you must save whimsical creatures by bringing back color to the world you once knew! Rainbow Billy tells a universal coming of age story about dealing with changes in the world and accepting ourselves and the others around us! Sometimes it only takes a conversation, empathy, and a new point of view to make a world of a difference.