Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan is quite possibly one of the best titles for a game in recent times, and thanks to a combination of the ManaVoid Entertainment and Skybound Games teams, players on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC will be able to involve themselves in Rainbow Billy’s adventures this coming fall.
A game in which you’ll need to help the world show its true colours in a creature-collecting adventure platformer, Skybound Games has announced it will publish independent developer ManaVoid Entertainment’s upcoming title, Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan.
A 2.5D adventure platformer that comes to market featuring RPG, creature collecting, and puzzle elements, will launch this fall on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC. Although if you are happy to run the latter route, will find a free demo available on PC as part of the Steam Next Fest.
Rainbow Billy is all about exploration, whether through the world, your own self identity, or the dozens of good-hearted creatures you’ll meet along the way. When the evil Leviathan curses the World of Imagination with monochrome misery, its residents are left joyless, anxiety-ridden husks of their former selves. Armed with kindness, a talking fishing rod, and countless friends, the shy, cheerful Billy must travel the land and inspire others to find the courage to be themselves and show their true colours once more. Use compassion and conversation to befriend a variety of creatures in non-violent, turn-based encounters, then invite them to your team, adding to your collection of helpful creatures.
The key features of Rainbow Billy include:
- Explore a World of Imagination: From dark caverns on remote islands to hidden coves on the stormy seas, discover a rich, wholesome world filled with treasure, friendship… and danger!
- Befriend & Collect Cute Creatures: Meet over 60 strange, lovable creatures and help them with their problems in non-violent encounters! Create your own unique team to save the day!
- Solve Intricate Color Puzzles: Each world is filled with clever challenges and secrets that unlock new areas to explore!
- Vibrant 2.5D Visual Style: Rainbow Billy’s art style blends the personality of 2D modern cartoon characters into an imaginative world filled with 3D art, with an energetic original soundtrack to match!
- Fantastic Adventure with Relatable Themes: Restore color to a monochrome world and help your friends find the courage to be their true selves in a story about empathy and growth.
- Fish for Resources: Because every great game has a fishing mini-game!
Ian Howe, co-CEO of Skybound Games: “Rainbow Billy is a universal coming-of-age story about dealing with changes in the world, as well as accepting and caring for ourselves and the people around us. It highlights very relatable questions of identity, self-discovery, and mental health with a lot of good-hearted fun and adventure, and we’re excited for fans to experience it for themselves soon.”
Chris Chancey, CEO & President of Manavoid Entertainment: “Games often only showcase violent solutions for solving problems. Amid all that doom and gloom, we wanted to create something that shines through with a wholesome, positive attitude that demonstrates the beauty of being unique. Rainbow Billy is colorful, approachable,and puts a spotlight on important themes close to our hearts like representation, diversity and inclusion within our communities.”
As well as playing the demo of Rainbow Billy: The Curse of the Leviathan on PC, it’s also available for wishlisting. In terms of other formats, we’ll be sure to let you know once a release date is confirmed for Rainbow Billy on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.