When you think karate, your mind goes to just one man, one child, if you will. The Karate Kid! And with the sequel to The Karate Kid – Cobra Kai proving equally popular with its Netflix release in recent years, it will come as no surprise to see this martial arts extravaganza brought over to the gaming landscape.
Following the release of Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues back in 2020, to very much mixed reviews (hence the 3/5 score here on TheXboxHub, and a 60 Metacritic score), the Cobra Kai dojo is back with Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising, releasing today on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC. It hopes to prove itself as the ultimate fighting game on consoles, seeing you fighting your way through the All Valley Tournament, reliving classic moments from the show, or indeed taking your skills to the online playerbase.
Dojos Rising has an impression twenty-eight characters at launch, each with their own special moves and abilities – as with any fighter worth its salt, picking a good character to counter your opponent is the first step to victory. However, if you want to emerge victorious in the All Valley Tournament, you’ll need to master the art of karate, throwing out combos and wacky specials left, right and centre, in order to dispose of any enemy coming your way.
Away from the bouts of fisticuffs, you’ll also have the opportunity to upgrade your very own dojo, using chi and coin resources to recruit new members to your team, as well as upgrade your own skills. You can have all the fighting power you can muster, but without a strong dojo at your core, you won’t get anywhere in the dog-eat-dog world of Cobra Kai!
A full list of features coming to Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising includes:
- Exciting Game Modes: Jump into Story Mode and immerse yourself in an exciting new storyline that will have you fighting your way to the All Valley Tournament, or play Cobra Classics and relive epic moments from the show, and more!
- Select your dojo: Choose from Eagle Fang, Cobra Kai or Miyagi-do and alongside your sensei, start training, recruiting and fighting to become the most powerful dojo and seal your destiny as the Grand Champion of the All Valley Tournament.
- 28 playable characters: Play as your favorite characters from the show’s expansive roster and make use of their special abilities and skills along your path to victory!
- Increase your powers: Collect chi and coins to increase your skills. Recruit new dojo members and let their strength bolster your own as you build your dojo into a powerhouse.
- Online VS. Tournament: Jump into online Tournament mode and compete in the All Valley
Whether a fighting fan, or a keen Cobra Kai enthusiast, you can do a lot worse than to pick up a copy of Cobra Kai 2: Dojos Rising on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch or PC. For Xbox, the Xbox Store will sort you out with the Standard Edition for £39.99 whilst the £49.99 Nemesis Edition adds in some more boss characters and a Jukebox mode.
Recruit…Train…Fight! The All Valley Awaits! Eagle Fang, Cobra Kia, Miyagi-do – Which is your dojo? That choice begins your journey, but then it’s up to you to recruit the most powerful team as you master your fighting style and battle to solidify your dojo’s LEGACY as the All Valley Karate Grand Champion!