The original Coffee Talk was right up there with the very finest releases of 2020, providing a brilliantly delivered, gorgeously created tale. In fact, the only real complaint that came about via our review of Coffee Talk on Xbox was that it was a tad on the short side. There is therefore huge excitement to hear that Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly will be coming to Xbox, PlayStation and Switch in 2022.
A coffee brewing and heart-to-heart simulator, Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly will arrive via the Toge Productions team, pushing out new capers to console players. With Chorus Worldwide backing them up in publishing terms, anyone who previously loved having the chance to take on the role of a barista, before kicking back with a host of charming patrons, will do well to keep an eye on this one.
In Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly, players will get an opportunity to reconnect with their favorite fantasy customers, create latte art masterpieces, and maybe even influence a few hearts with a warm cup of coffee or two, with the sequel taking all the good bits from the original game, and building it out from there.
In fact, you just need to check out the key feature set, and the trailer below these words, in order to understand why this one is likely to be just as good as that which came before it…
- Brew Warm Drinks – Mix a combination of ingredients, such as tea, ginger, mint, chocolate, coffee and many more. Experiment and uncover secret recipes, change people’s lives by serving drinks that will warm their hearts.
- Create Latte-Art Masterpieces – Show your creativity, draw your own latte-art masterpiece with our in-game fluid simulation to decorate your drinks.
- Chill Lo-fi Atmosphere – Immerse yourself in the relaxing coffee shop atmosphere. It’s raining outside; brew yourself a warm drink, play that lo-fi chillhop beats, and listen to the coffee talk.
- Urban Fantasy Cappuccinopunk – Set in an alternate present-day Seattle where humans, orcs, elves, and other races have been coexisting since the beginning of time. Explore the world through the stories told by your customers one cup at a time.
- Hang Out With a Diverse Cast – Meet quirky and interesting characters, old and new, such as; Baileys the elf freelance graphic designer, Lua, the succubus biz dev executive, Riona the opera star wannabe banshee, and more. Listen to their stories and influence them with a warm drink or two!
We’ll be sure to follow up with any further Coffee Talk Episode 2: Hibiscus & Butterfly news as and when it drops. But if you want to get hands on with a playable demo of the game, and are going to EGX 2021, you’re going to be in luck. Hunt it down at the show – just be aware you’ll need to push us off it first.