We’ve played a lot of sim-styled games over the years; airport simulators, farming simulators, construction simulators and even a PC building simulator. But for some unknown reason what’s got us really excited is the chance of playing Bus Simulator on Xbox One. It’s probably something to with the fact that when we where children, all we wanted to do when we grew up was to drive large vehicles like fire engines, trains and, of course, buses. And right now those dreams are coming true with the launch of Bus Simulator on Xbox One and PS4.
Available to download right now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, in Bus Simulator you can build an empire of bus routes, buses and bus drivers – in fact, if it deals with a bus, you can work with it. This means you’ll be able to explore a huge urban city, unlocking 12 districts with a variety of different locations and roads to drive through. There are 8 original licensed buses to be able to purchase, customise, and drive, and no matter whether you take the wheel of the Mercedes Benz, IVECO’s or any of the other options will be able to deliver happy passengers to their destinations.
£34.99 is the asking price and heading over to the usual digital stores will ensure that you can make your dreams become reality, as you take to the streets with a big bus either alone or with up to 3 friends via multiplayer. The big goal is to raise funds in order to gain access to more drivers and all the buses in the world, and this is done by designing routes, completing missions, assigning drivers to carry out duties, or just by getting behind the wheel yourself and getting down and dirty. You’ll want to watch out for speed cameras, fare dodgers, changes in weather, potholes and giving out the wrong change… the worst of bus crimes.
- 8 buses from 4 leading manufacturers are faithfully reproduced in meticulous detail, including the Mercedes-Benz Citaro K, Mercedes-Benz Citaro G, MAN Lion’s City bus, MAN Lion’s City CNG articulated bus, SETRA S 418 LE business, SETRA S 416 LE business, IVECO BUS Urbanway and the IVECO BUS Urbanway CNG articulated bus.
- • In real-time multiplayer mode you can drive around the 12 districts and over 5.8mi² of routes in the freely drivable urban area with up to 3 friends and therefore promote your bus service.
- • The updated progression system and the comprehensive management element, including route planning, the purchase and sale of buses, staff planning and numerous statistics will guarantee long-term game motivation.
- • For novices and pros: you can play in a simplified or a realistic mode.
- • Authentic bus sounds, extensive tutorial and passenger voiceovers in English and German to provide even more atmosphere.
- • Control your bus in different weather conditions, both day and night.
- • Customisation: fully customise your buses with different colours, patterns and advertising panels.
- • Authentically reproduced cockpits of the 4 manufacturers, equipped with numerous individual functions.
- • Smart traffic AI and a range of challenging traffic situations await you (bus station, night driving, construction sites, diversions, long-distance journeys, potholes, traffic jams, accidents and speed bumps, etc.).
Bus Simulator 18 is available right now on Xbox One and PS4, with the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store giving you the chance to become the best bus driver in the world. We’ll have a full review for you very soon so make sure you keep an eye out for it, but in the meantime you could hit up our recent Let’s Play of Bus Simulator on Xbox One. It’ll give you a little insight into what is what, and whether this bus driving lark is one you should be embracing.
Whether in the industrial or harbour zone, downtown, in the surrounding villages or the business park, in Bus Simulator, you experience up-close the exciting everyday life of a bus driver in a vast and freely drivable urban area. Get behind the wheel of your 8 original licensed city buses from the great brands of Mercedes-Benz, Setra, MAN, and IVECO and transport your passengers safely and punctually to their destinations, either solo in single player mode, or with friends in real-time multiplayer mode. As a bus driver in the 12 different districts, you’ll face the challenges of the traffic in a big city and everything that entails. Don’t be deterred by freak weather conditions, potholes, traffic jams, fare evaders, accidents, construction sites, night driving and specific passenger requests. On the contrary, take full control of your bus, earn money, gain a good reputation owing to your safe and punctual driving style and enjoy almost limitless driving pleasure in the authentic urban locations. Use the thousands of miles of virtual roads and streets to gain new districts, new buses and new customisation options. But drive carefully with the buses you build! Don’t cause any damage or accidents and watch out for the speed cameras located around the city, or it could have a negative effect on your reputation, not to mention your wallet. So, what are you waiting for? Your shift has already started!