Having already recently landed on PC and Mac, the third major expansion for free-to-play RPG Path of Exile has now arrived on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Prepare to risk everything in Path of Exile: Heist and potentially reap great rewards for doing so.
The Path of Exile: Heist expansion allows players to hire expert thieves and assemble a crew that’s geared up to infiltrate high security facilities, with the retrieval of valuable artifacts being their core objective. In the midst of bypassing the security measures, one must be careful not to alert any guards by triggering alarms. Once the artifact has been located and acquired, it then becomes a hectic race to escape as the alarms will automatically go off. Don’t let panic set in though, because failure to reach the extraction point means that anything stolen will be lost.
Successfully completing heists will enable you to lay down the foundations for achieving the ultimate goal: pulling off a Grand Heist. Along the way you’ll need to gather wealth and intel in order to reveal the Blueprints of sprawling facilities where the Grand Heist is going to take place. To ensure it goes smoothly, you’ll have to carefully plan which crew members to take with you; targeting those who are both well-trained and equipped for the job. These Grand Heists provide access to many cool new rewards like Alternate Quality Gems, which offer more build variety; Weapon and Body Armor Enchantments, providing more power; Replica Uniques, which are mutated remakes of classic items; and Thieves’ Trinkets, giving additional control over your rewards.
“Heist explores some concepts that we have always wanted to try in Path of Exile,” said Chris Wilson, Grinding Gear Games Co-Founder and Managing Director. “With new guard formation and patrol AI, low-level equivalents to end-game maps, equippable hireling NPCs, and the chance of losing your rewards if you can’t escape with them, this league explores some corners of Path of Exile’s design philosophy that we had not yet entered.”
Path of Exile: Heist Key Features:
- Download and play for free but never pay-to-win.
- The Heist Challenge League
- 13 new active NPCs which have rich backstories, advanceable skills, and can be equipped with new craftable items.
- A new town-like area, The Rogue Harbour.
- Itemized world-areas that contain Heists and can be accessed from the outset of your character progress.
- New Item Types: Alternate Quality Gems, Replica Unique Items, Thief’s Trinkets, Experimented Base Types, Body Armour and Weapon Enchants
- Seven new skills alongside reworks to existing Curses, Spells and Steel Skills.
- Over 25 New Unique Items.
- A new equipment slot for Trinkets
So, what are you waiting for? Load up Path of Exile on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 today and start plotting your first Heist in this new expansion!