It’s been a while since we’ve really been able to get to grips with the Far Cry franchise, but come October, players on Xbox, PlayStation, PC and Stadia will be able to involve themselves in the next iteration of the open-world shooter. But don’t think Ubisoft are sitting back after launch, for in fact they’ve got a ton of stuff planned for Far Cry 6.
Due to release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Google Stadia and PC come October 7th, Far Cry 6 promises to be the most creative, most innovative game yet, as we are thrown into the heart of a modern-day guerrilla revolution. It will see us visiting the island of Yara, as President Antón Castillo vows to restore his nation to its former glory while grooming his son Diego to follow in his footsteps. But not everything is looking clever, for this paradise comes at a cost and upon enriching his country, those who don’t quite follow the vision will find all sorts of trouble.
Players will take up the cause to liberate Yara as Dani Rojas – a local Yaran and military drop out – tries to escape Yara but ends up joining revolutionary group, Libertad. As Dani the madness of Far Cry 6 will unfold, giving experience to the adrenaline and chaos of “resolver” guerrilla combat.
But whilst the base game promises to already be plentiful, it’s post launch that Ubisoft are focusing today, and it’s then when we’ll be able to dive into a robust mix of free content, with crossover missions covering the likes of Danny Trejo, Rambo and Strange Things.
In addition to the Season Pass, which includes three DLC episodes where players will delve into the minds of legendary Far Cry villains, Far Cry 6 will have an extensive stream of content rolling out, keeping players occupied and immersed in the land.
With the Season Pass, players will take control of the series’ most notorious villains: Vaas Montenegro, Pagan Min and Joseph Seed – all played by the original cast. Over the course of three DLC releases, players will embody a different villain struggling to escape the horrors of their own minds in a brand new “die and retry” experience inspired by the roguelite genre. Starting with nothing more than a pistol to defend themselves, players will need to find new weapons and unlock power-ups to become stronger and progress deeper into the depths of the villains’ psyches. This will blend intense action and storytelling, as each DLC is able to provide a unique opportunity to better understand each villain’s past, personal demons and motivations.
You’ll find that the Far Cry 6 Season Pass is included with the Far Cry 6 Gold, Ultimate and Collector Editions, or will be available for purchase separately. And if you decide to grab it, will find the following…
- Three DLC episodes, playable solo or co-op with a friend – even if they do not own the Season Pass.
- Episode 1: “Vaas: Insanity” planned for release in November 2021.
- Episode 2: “Pagan: Control” planned for release in January 2022.
- Episode 3: “Joseph: Collapse” planned for release in March 2022.
- Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (at some point). On Windows PC, Season Pass holders will receive the original game released in 2013, while console and Stadia players will receive Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Classic Edition.
- The Blood Dragon Set, which includes seven items usable in the Far Cry 6 main game:
- One outfit: Blood Dragon Gear Set
- Two weapons: AJM9 and Kobracon
- One vehicle: Omega Enforcer
- One weapon charm: KillStar
- One Fang for Hire: K-9000
- One vehicle Chibi: Blood Dragon Chibi
Further to that will be additional regular, free content, expanding on the Far Cry 6 universe after the release of the game. Playable in solo or two-player co-op, this robust mix of content will include:
- Weekly insurgencies: Every week starting from launch – and available after the completion of the main campaign – partisans of Antón Castillo will rise across the island of Yara and pose new threats for players to eliminate. Players will need to track them down and upon completion, they can also earn some new gear updates.
- 6 Special Operations: Taking place in unique new areas in the world, these operations will introduce new gameplay mechanics as players must snatch highly unstable chemical weapons from Antón’s arms dealers and get to the extraction point before it overheats. First two locations – Mesozoico and Maceo – will be available at launch and other 4 maps will be upcoming additionally.
- 3 crossover missions featuring guest stars and beloved brands – Danny Trejo®, Rambo and Stranger ThingsTM.
And there’s more, with the Far Cry team set to reveal the details in the weeks ahead.
If you’re a Far Cry fan and have been holding out for a fix since we had Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn, Far Cry 6 is sure to suit. Let us know which format you’ll be playing on. It’s Xbox, right!? In which case, the Xbox Store will sort you out with a pre-order.