Apparently it runs in the family, but with Children of Morta all you need worry about is stopping the spread of corruption through a lost distant land. Are you ready for a tale about a family standing strong? It’s available today on Xbox One and PS4.
Priced up st £18.49, Children of Morta has released on Xbox One and PS4, following a previously PC drop – with a Nintendo Switch launch occurring on November 20th – to provide an action RPG experience mixed in with a smattering of rogue-lite gameplay and a whole ton of hack n’ slash battles.
Featuring a family of courageous heroes, Children of Morta whisks you off to a distant land before telling a tale centred around some of the most common things from everyday life. Emotion, loss, sacrifice, and love are all covered in this adventure, and it’ll be down to you whether the guardians of the Mountain Morta have what it takes to push the corruption back and stand up to the most evil of forces.
- GAMEPLAY – It’s a unique mix of the action-adventure RPG, rogue-lite, and hack and slash genres. By leveling up, you develop not only individual characters but the entire family as a whole. There is no permadeath and you can change family members between dungeon runs.
- STORY – The story takes place in a distant land but copes with themes and emotions common to all of us: Love and hope, longing and uncertainty, and the loss and sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care about the most. Ultimately, it’s about a family of heroes standing against the encroaching darkness.
- DUNGEON CRAWLING – All the dungeons in the game are procedurally generated, which means their layout is different with each adventure. There are two to four levels in each dungeon, with a unique boss fight at the end. You can always get back to the previous dungeons to get extra XP or finish all the side quests.
- CHARACTERS & SKILLS – Ranged attacks, magic spells, blocks, stuns, evasions, and passive skills – it’s all there for you to discover, unlock, and upgrade. You can choose from six different family members, each one having unique skill sets. The father, John – a protective warrior with a sword and shield. The elder daughter Linda – a precise archer. Kevin – a quiet fighter equipped with deadly daggers. Lucy – a lively and bold fire mage. Mark – a mindful martial arts fighter. Lastly, Joey, who smashes his enemies with a sledgehammer.
- ART STYLE – A combination of hand-painted pixel art and frame-by-frame animations paired with modern lighting techniques bring the beautifully dangerous world of Children of Morta to life!
It certainly promises to bring an intriguing tale but should you wish to know more about Children of Morta on Xbox One then you’ll want to keep a little eye out for our review. It’ll be with you in the coming days. For now though, get over to the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, or your favourite PC offering to grab a download now.
IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY. Children of Morta is a story set in a distant land, but it deals with common themes running through our daily lives. It’s a story of simple emotions we all know so well and which we value more than we care to admit: love and hope, longing and uncertainty, and ultimately loss and the sacrifice we are willing to make to save the ones we care for the most. Embark on an adventure following an extraordinary family of heroes. With the Corruption spreading throughout the land, the guardians of Mountain Morta have to stand up to ancient evil forces. But… this is not a story about saving the universe. It’s a story about a valiant family standing together while the world around them is being devoured by darkness.