It was back in 2017 when we first heard of Insurgency: Sandstorm, with the promise that alongside a PC launch we’d be seeing the tactical shooter hit Xbox One and PS4. Finally though, here and now in 2020, we have a console release date.
Announced in order to celebrate the arrival of PAX East 2020, Focus Home Interactive and New World Interactive have confirmed that their critically acclaimed tactical shooter, Insurgency: Sandstorm will launch on Xbox One and PS4 come August 25th 2020
If you occasionally delve into the PC gaming world then you may well have stumbled upon Insurgency: Sandstorm, with the game gathering up more then a million players in its first year of release. But as Xbox gamers the real excitement is that we finally have a confirmed console release date, giving us the chance to check out the award-winning tactical shooter for real.
Renowned for its realistic depiction of modern warfare focusing on lethal close-quarters combat, objective-oriented multiplayer and cooperative gameplay, Insurgency: Sandstorm will invite console players to prepare for a hardcore depiction of combat with deadly ballistics, destructive artillery, and unprecedented audio design that puts the fear back into the genre. Death comes fast, ammunition must be carefully managed, and the environment must be tactically navigated at every step towards victory.
“The console market has been craving a hardcore modern-day tactical shooter for a long time. Expanding our tried and tested PC formula to the console market is a huge step in our company’s evolution and we are excited to bring our signature style of tactical FPS to the console market for the very first time” – Keith Warner, President.
Insurgency: Sandstorm features include:
- Engage in realistic modern firefights in the definitive tactical FPS on consoles.
- Battle in the war-torn environments of a contemporary conflict through a series of intense cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes. Featuring unparalleled immersion, feel every bullet and fear every impact in fierce close-quarters combat.
- Death comes fast. Manage ammunition carefully, using tactics and teamwork to navigate environments as you fight towards victory. Coordinate fire support with your team and go head to head in thrilling action.
- Team up in intense co-operative gameplay
- Compete in objective-based PVP matches
- Get immersed with realistic ballistics and stunning attention to detail
- Fully customize your character and weapons
- Unprecedented audio design with positional voice-chat for a heart-pounding atmosphere
Will you be getting involved with this military shooter when it launches on Xbox One and PS4 in August? Let us know in the comments. And if you can’t wait, go grab it right now from Steam.