Spinning off from Earthlock and inspired by the likes of Stardew Valley, Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure has got a lot to live up to as it releases on Xbox. Finally.
Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure is available right now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S after a long delay and many broken promises. It comes with a price of £19.99, which should be low enough to tempt anyone in to the cozy cooperative adventures that it promises. And if you’re a PC player, you don’t miss out either – Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure has been present on Steam for a good year or so. The reviews are alright over there too.
Ikonei Island on Xbox
From Jetpack Collective and Snowcastle Games, Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure allows you the chance to explore like never before. Whether you do that alone or with others matters little as you go in search of hidden secrets and the most mysterious of mysteries.
With serious My Time At Portia and My Time At Sandrock vibes, you’ll get the chance to play through Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure however you see fit. Just be sure to ensure your home is charming and your foes are dead though, yeah?
Throw in narrative for those looking for it, and we think Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure could well up what was found in the original Earthlock: Festival of Magic. We’ll find out in our full review of the game soon.
The devs speak up
“Creating the sonic world of Ikonei Island, from its soundtrack to ambient sounds, has been one of my proudest projects,” said Theo Nogueira, Composer and Audio Director, Snowcastle Games. “My aim was to capture the essence of characters, creatures, and the mood of the Island and Earthlock Universe, and I believe we’ve succeeded.”
- Make the Island Your Own! – Harvest materials using tools and creature abilities, and build workshops that can create and assemble resources. All these materials will come in handy to truly customize the island to your liking, and uncover its mysteries.
- Befriend the Wildlife! – After waking up on a mysterious island, you will meet mysterious statues and curious creatures. Bond with these creatures, and harness their unique and interesting abilities to explore deeper into Ikonei Island.
- Play with Friends! – Play co-op in teams of 2-4 Xbox friends and elevate your fun on the island to the power of frog! Everything in the game – farming, building, battling, unlocking new areas, quests, etc. – can be done together.
- Tend to Your Crops! – Create and nurture your farm from scratch, using various tools and systems for increased efficiency and rewards. Meet the Locals! Surely others must know about Ikonei Island, each with their own story to tell, and knowledge to impart.
- Thwart the Greedy Pirates! – A band of pirates have discovered the island, and have their own plans on how to make money off of it. Make sure they do not get their way!
- Grow More Powerful! – Keep the monsters at bay, and create powerful weapons to help you navigate Ikonei island!
For now you can head to the usual digital stores and grab a download of Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure. It’s on Steam for PC already, but is also now on the Xbox Store for Xbox players to enjoy. Those on PlayStation should be similarly sorted.
Let us know in the comments what you think of this one.
Ikonei Island: An Earthlock Adventure on Xbox Game Description
Welcome, adventurers! Explore our beautiful Ikonei Island, befriend magical creatures, and fight monsters with your friends or adventure solo. Gather resources, craft tools, and gear. Farm the land, build your base or a cozy home, and decorate it however you like. The Earthlock Adventure is waiting for you!