If there’s a niche, you can bet on Microids to pick up on it and after previously announcing games focusing on the likes of Asterix & Obelix and The Smurfs, it’s now Agatha Christie that is in their sights. Come September 2021 we’ll be seeing that Microids team deliver Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases to console.
It’ll be September 28th 2021 in fact when Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases releases on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch, with full backwards compatibility present on Xbox Series X|S and PS5 too. Created in collaboration with Agatha Christie Limited, Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases is a detective and adventure game starring a young Hercule Poirot in one of his first cases, before he became the legendary detective we all know and love.
If you’ve ever wanted to discover Hercule Poirot as you’ve never seen him before, this is going to be it, with a brand new murder mystery in which players will discover a new aspect of Hercule Poirot’s life that has never before been explored, as they experience one of his first cases as a young police officer and detective in pre-war Belgium.
The development team are promising that this intriguing original adventure will be able to build on the already familiar world and iconic character that was created by best-selling crime writer Agatha Christie. Fans of the Queen of Crime will no doubt easily identify key elements from her stories, from Poirot’s ‘little grey cells’ to the intricate plotting of the game, and in the story’s satisfying, unexpected conclusion.
About the game…
In his early years as a detective, a young Hercule Poirot is invited to a reception by the influential Van den Bosch family, for the announcement of their daughter’s engagement. But tensions among the guests run high as a snowstorm descends on the town, trapping everyone inside the manor. The happy event is soon marred by the murder of one of the guests! Poirot being in the right place at the right time immediately begins to investigate. What buried secrets and deadly rivalries will he uncover?
Key features of Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases will include:
- (Re)discover the legendary detective in an untold crime story, by playing as Hercule Poirot at the beginning of his detective career, when he still has everything to prove.
- Put your little grey cells to the test by using your deduction skills to connect clues together in your mindmap. The mindmap will allow you to visualise and link the elements of the case in order to draw your own conclusions… and shed light on the culprit in a surprising denouement!
- Solve a complex murder case and find out what hides behind the deceptive appearances of the Van den Bosch family.
- Question all the suspects and glean crucial information from them without their knowing. Pick up on all suspicious behaviour as you uncover the dark secrets and rivalries of the Belgian upper class.
- Explore a luxurious house full of buried mysteries. Uncovering the murderer won’t be the only puzzle you’ll have to solve…
We’ll be sure to bring you more details in regards what Microids have planned for Agatha Christie – Hercule Poirot: The First Cases as and when we can. For now we’d advise taking in the trailer below, ahead of launch on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch come September 28th 2021.