Minecraft, one of the biggest videogames in history and Telltale Games, one of the most recognisable current story tellers are teaming up to bring you Minecraft: Story Mode.
An all-new narrative driven game series, devleoped by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang, Story Mode will be set in the world of Minecraft but will feature an original story that is, as with most other Telltale titles, driven by player choice.
Mojang have had the following to say….
- Minecraft: Story mode will be a narrative-driven video game created by Telltale Games. It will be about Minecraft.
- Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
- The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
- Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
- We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.
- The Minecraft 2 thing was a joke. No really. It was a joke.
It’ll come as a fully standalone product in 2015 on Xbox, Playstation, PC, Mac, iOS and Android.
If you want to learn more, apparently Info Quest II will throw a few more details out there. Check it out here.
More details to come over the coming months and we’ll be sure to bring them to you as and when they drop.