We were pretty impressed by Monster Sanctuary when it released back in December of 2020, only really letdown by a slightly hollow feel. The new and free Forgotten World DLC should well fix that.
Available today and rolling out to the multiple Monster Sanctuarys that frequent the Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC worlds is the free addition of Forgotten World.
Delivered via the Team17 and Moi Rai Games teams, Forgotten World is the monster taming RPG’s biggest in-game area to date, providing players with the chance to enjoy new monsters, additional game modes for customisable playthroughs, and much more.
Forgotten World will invite those players to explore the game’s largest addition to date, which includes ten new monsters (five of which were designed by the community) for players to add to their team; two new outfits; seventy-eight new skills; thirteen new items, and three new game modes – those of Bravery Mode, Randomizer, and Permadeath. These can all be combined freely, allowing players to customise their Monster Sanctuary experience for endless replayability.
It goes without saying that you’ll need the base game of Monster Sanctuary in order to enjoy the free Forgotten World update – you can grab that from the Xbox Store for Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S via Game Pass, or the stores of PlayStation, Switch or PC. If you wish to know more about that, then make sure you check out our full review or take in the key features below.
- Overcome and collect monsters: Creatures great and small are available to collect and battle, and can be upgraded via deep skill trees to unlock new and powerful abilities
- Master the Monster Sanctuary: A mysterious force threatens the peace between monsters and humans, players will explore and unravel the secrets littered around the world
- Battle in tactical 3v3 combat: Player rosters of monsters can fight AI or other players in a turn-based 3v3 system, using elemental attacks and combos to devastating effect
- Discover a deep Metroidvania world: From the depths of the Underworld to the heights of the Snowy Peaks, there is plenty to explore, and hidden areas to uncover using monster skills
- Items and gear aplenty: Players will find a plethora of useful items scattered around the world to help aid them in their journey
Monster Sanctuary’s Forgotten World expansion can be viewed in the trailer below.