Even in the middle of Triple-A silly season, Control has managed to stand out as one of the very best games of 2019. But that doesn’t mean Remedy Entertainment are done with their supernatural action adventure, and today they have delivered first details of a ton of new options that will soon be hitting players – a Photo Mode, a New Game Mode, and some new story!
We were more than happy with what 505 Games and Remedy Entertainment delivered when they launched Control on to Xbox One, PS4 and PC just a few weeks back – our review is right here in fact – but there are obviously massive plans for this stunning experience. Today it has been confirmed that a new Photo Mode will let you show off the very best bits of the game, while a new Expeditions Game Mode will see you facing some of the very greatest challenges of the Oldest House. These will be arriving in the Fall and in December respectively.
Further to that though will be two brand new, content packed, expansions. Coming in 2020, The Foundation and AWE will bring additional story missions, more enemies, deeper game mechanics and all new locations within the Oldest House. If these expansions are anything like the base game, we’re in for an absolute treat.
Full details of all the upcoming content for the renowned supernatural action-adventure game include:
- Photo Mode: Remedy is working on the much-desired Photo Mode, arriving this fall free to all players, which will enable players to take awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House.
- New Game Mode: In December, the Expeditions game mode will be released, offering challenging new end-game content in which Jesse must help Security Chief Arish explore the mysterious Formation and its strange surroundings. Here you will face some of the greatest challenges the Oldest House has to throw at you. Expeditions will be free to all players.
- Expansions: In 2020, two full, paid Expansions will be released, The Foundation and AWE. Both will offer new story missions, teams, enemies and game mechanics, and will take place in new locations within the Oldest House.
- The Foundation will delve into the history of the Oldest House. At the request of the ever-mysterious Board, Jesse must explore what lies beneath the Bureau as she returns order to the Foundation and the Oldest House itself.
- The second Expansion, AWE, will take Jesse into a new area of the Oldest House, the Investigations Sector, where the Bureau closely examines Altered World Events.
To get involved with anything up above then you’ll want a copy of Control to hand. This will be easily done too, with the PS4 Digital Deluxe Edition (£64.99) including both Expansions, as well as an extra side mission, “Isolation” and an additional exclusive outfit, Jesse’s Urban Response Gear. For those who have already purchased the main game for PS4, the Season Pass is now available for pre-order, and also includes both expansions (upon release).
And while it is PS4 players who will have initial access to The Foundation, those on Xbox One and PC will be able to find it individually purchasable shortly after, along with a Season Pass. The AWE expansion will release on all platforms on the same date.
Sounds good eh? Let us know what you think of Control as a whole, and whether or not you’ll be stepping back into Jesse’s shoes once the new content drops. The comments section is right below.