For many, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is the go-to Battle Royale experience. Yes, Fortnite may be the big draw amongst the younger generation, and Call of Duty: Warzone may lead the other end of the market, but PUBG is a title that many still flock to – so much so that the 70 million sales figure has now been smashed. To celebrate that fact, we will soon be seeing Season 8 of PUBG take hold, and with it we’ll discover a return to a newly improved Sanhok, along with a number of new feature additions.
Season 8 of PUBG will hit home on PC come July 22nd, with a launch on Xbox One, PS4, and Google Stadia occurring on July 30th. And when it arrives, the 70 million odd players who have previously delved into the Battle Royale jungle will find that Sanhok is back – just not as we previously knew it.
Restructered, reimagined, and revamped, Sanhok has been rebuilt from the ground up, so much so that nearly every structure, rock, tree and material has changed. The likes of the Boot Camp, Pai Nan, Jhao and Quarry have all received maor upgraades, whilst the overall feel is now much more pointed to that of an overgrown abandoned paradise.
There are new locations to enjoy too, like the tourist town of Getaway, the bootcamp Airfield and plenty of other little gems hidden around the island. Yes it may still be Sanhok in name, but it’s a very different beast with Season 8. Further to that and players will also discover the arrival of additional features with a Loot Truck rocking up, confiscated weaponry coming pre-installed with the best attachments and skins, jerry cans ready to explode, and a whole new Ranked Season in place to take part in. It wouldn’t be a new season on PUGB without some form of Survivor Pass, and hot on the heels of Season 7’s glorious additions come even more skins to earn.
Full features include:
- The Loot Truck: Driving the roads of Sanhok are autonomous cargo transports that offer players a brand-new way to gear up. As these trucks take damage, they will drop some loot and continue on their way. Players persistent enough to destroy the truck will be rewarded with an even bigger cache of weapons and gear for their squad.
- Confiscated Weapons: Players who take down the Loot Truck will be rewarded with fully customised weapons. For the first time ever in PUBG, players can pick-up weapons that come with pre-installed attachments and unique skins.
- Improved Jerry Cans: These explosive bundles of joy are making their revised debut. Pour gas on the ground to set a fiery trap or toss the whole thing at an enemy and light it up.
- New Ranked Season: A new Ranked season begins with Update 8.1. The season brings a much-requested change to scoring, with Ranked Point acquisition now taking team placement into account. Additionally, Vikendi has been added to the Ranked map pool.
- Survivor Pass: Payback: Accompanying the latest season is the newest Survivor Pass, which gives players a large amount of new skins to earn as they explore the forgotten paradise of Sanhok.
Will Season 8 of PUBG be the addition you need to drop back into this manic world? Let us know in the comments below.