Did you play Red Faction Guerrilla back in the day? Did you love its destructive nature? Good, because Red Faction is back and Guerrilla is getting fully Re-Mars-tered!
Announced today by THQ Nordic, Red Faction Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered will be hitting Xbox One, PS4 and PC in Q2 2018. You’ll be glad to know that destruction will remain as its middle name!
Should you wish to survive Mars with the help of a sledgehammer, then Guerrilla will be the game for you. Set some 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Guerrilla lets you take on the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement, as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force.
Red Faction: Guerrilla defined the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction, and the Re-Mars-tered version promises to do exactly the same, letting you decide when, where, how and who to fight, with full physics based destruction at the forefront of the action.
With a landscape that will ever change, and a huge Martian world to explore and take in, whether you’re going it alone, or across the multiplayer combat modes, Red Faction Guerrilla promises the Earth… or at least Mars… espcially seeing as the Re-Mars-tered version brings fully reworked graphics with heavily reworked textures, improved shadow rendering and lighting, shader & Postprocessing reworking and native 4k support for the finest up to date Mars destruction experience ever
Other features include:
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars.
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire.
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
Excited? You should be and we’ll be sure to let you know the release date as and when we can.