Halloween is fast approaching and for us horror fans that means lots of candy and rewatching classic horror movies like Evil Dead and From Dusk Till Dawn. The month of October also brings an array of new horror games, one of them being a sequel to 2017’s Remothered: Tormented Fathers. Today, Remothered: Broken Porcelain arrives just in time for Halloween and is now available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Switch and PC.
Developed by Stormind Games, Remothered: Broken Porcelain follows the story of the rebellious girl Jen. Against her own will, she works as a maid at the creepy Ashmann Inn. Her story begins when she tries to escape the confines of the estate. But this act of disobedience, while punished, leads Jen to befriend a violinist by the name of Linn. Eventually, both girls form a… close… relationship. Like Ellie and Dina kinda close, for all you The Last of Us fans.
Meanwhile, the protagonist of the original, Rosemary Reed, returns in the sequel to continue her search for the missing Celeste Felton. She encounters her old nemesis Stefano Ashmann and plays a pivotal role in uncovering the game’s plot.
Fans of classic horror games like Clock Tower and Haunting Ground will no doubt appreciate the survival horror aspects of Broken Porcelain. The unsettling shadow-soaked environment of Ashmann Inn lends itself perfectly for an atmospheric horror setting. Deadly and malevolent pursuers roam the halls of the estate, searching for their next prey. Playing as one of the characters, you will sneak, hide and use shadows to your advantage to escape pursuers. Remothered: Broken Porcelain features intricate puzzles for obtaining useful items that will aid you in dealing with the surrounding threats.
Key features include:
- – Thrilling Psychological Plot. The award-winning cult classic Remothered returns in Broken Porcelain, the perfect entry point for new fans discovering the franchise as well as series veterans craving additional lore surrounding the events and characters of Tormented Fathers.
- – Realistic Survival Horror. The Ashmann Inn is as rich in resources as it is dangers. Cautiously scour the environment for items to aid your exploration of unsettling locations that hide grave secrets of a terrifying past.
- – Intense Stealth Gameplay. Roam among the shadows of Ashmann Inn and use everything at your disposal to distract enemies for a resourceful escape.
- – Investigate and Escape. Challenging puzzles, expanded lore, and a haunting soundtrack by composer Luca Balboni (Remothered: Tormented Fathers, Mine, Watch Them Fall) transforms the dark and gloomy atmosphere into a terrifying experience that will haunt players well after the game is over.
- – Captivating Characters. The roster of charismatic characters grows as fan favorites return to meet all the new additions to the cast inspired by the protagonists of horror classics.
- – Real-Time Cinematics. In a series first, fully animated real-time cinematics will breathe new life into the characters and world of Remothered for an unprecedented level of immersion.
Remothered: Broken Porcelain sounds like the perfect Halloween treat for horror fans. And best of all, it’s available to purchase for £24.99 on the Xbox Store and other digital marketplaces. While we weren’t exactly thrilled with Tormented Fathers, there’s plenty of improvements made in Broken Porcelain, so stay tuned for our upcoming review of the sequel.
Broken Porcelain brings an abundance of welcome changes to the series, introducing new gameplay and storytelling elements that breathe new life into the characters and an unprecedented level of immersion in this haunting adventure – perfect for both new and returning fans to the series. The truths buried in the Ashmann Inn will not be discovered easily – its many mysteries are intertwined and guarded by the looming threat of the stalkers, powerful hunters trapped in time and the confines of its walls. Survival will take more than just quick reactions as a strategic and resourceful approach will quickly become critical in this haunting adventure. Be smart – knowing the best time to sneak, flee or fight imminent dangers can quickly make the hunters become the hunted.