Team 17 and Unicube have today announced that their co-developed post-apocalyptic survival title, Sheltered will be arriving in full force real soon.
Very soon actually, as it’ll arrive as an Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac and Linux download on the 15th March. £9.99 / $14.99 /12,99 € should see you sorted and that seems like an absolute bargain price. You may have already checked it out via the Game Preview option, but a full release most definitely gets us excited.
You play as the protector of a family of four with their well-being and survival being your sole responsibility. After a global apocalypse, the family stumble upon a deserted shelter, after which the survival instincts kick in! Make one wrong move or choose one bad decision and you’ll find the family members gone, never to return. Sheltered is a world where death is nothing short of permanent.
Throughout your time, you’ll need to handle many moral choices, fight against a claustrophobic feel, radiation and mental exhaustion as you try to turn the cold, cramped shelter into a home. You’ll be sending the family members out into the dangerous wastelands in the hope of finding food and vital supplies, but whilst they do so roaming factions and feral beasts will need to be outwitted and avoided.
The main features of Sheltered are:
- Family comes first: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world
- Pets: Your pet is family too. Choose between the dog, cat, fish, snake or horse
- Make the shelter a home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
- Crafting system: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and weapons for combat
- Customisation: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and their appearance
- Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting
- Recruitment system: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty
- RPG mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices
- Dynamic encounter system: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts
- Turn-based combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on it
- Vehicles: Make exploration quicker and safer
- Bloodlines: Extend your family lineage
We will of course remind you when Sheltered becomes available.