We’ve recently seen Path of Exile expand on PC thanks to the arrival of Siege of the Atlas, but now it’s time for console folk to be treated to the same joy, with launch of the largest expansion from the past year bringing forth a new endgame, new story quests, bosses and more.
Rolling out to Path of Exile right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PS5 is the Siege of the Atlas content drop.
After seeing the base game released on console back in 2017 and then a number of expansions build on that over time, it’s Siege of the Atlas which is the latest to exile fans of the game.
It comes to Xbox and PlayStation as the largest expansion for the game over the last 12 months and features numerous new ideas: the Archnemesis challenge league, a revamp to the entire endgame including new story quests, new unique and currency items, four more pinnacle bosses, and game balance improvements.
The best way to get a dive in on these is by looking at the key feature set for Siege of the Atlas…
- Updated Atlas: The end-game Atlas of Worlds has been simultaneously simplified and also made deeper. The region system has been removed, and individual Atlas Passive Trees have been replaced by one gigantic Atlas-wide passive tree which creates a more flexible way for players to engage in the content they like best while also increasing its challenge and reward.
- Four Pinnacle Bosses: The new storyline is capped with four new Pinnacle Bosses, ultimate boss fights for players seeking additional challenges. These bosses can potentially drop a selection of extremely valuable new unique items.
- Endgame Item Crafting: Players can master the Eldritch Implicit Modifier system to improve their best items. New currency items allow them to craft powerful new implicit modifiers onto items that enable new build opportunities.
- Archnemesis League: Players can collect modifiers to use on Petrified Monsters that are encountered throughout Wraeclast in order to create their own mini-boss fights. Each modifier provides a reward and a monster behavior and will stack in subsequent fights to create progressively more dangerous and rewarding encounters. These modifiers can be combined to create recipes for even more challenge and reward.
- Game Balance Improvements: Spellcasters and Archers have been targeted with a massive selection of balance buffs, so that they are even more competitive with Path of Exile’s best builds.
You’ll need the base game of Path of Exile to hand in order to enjoy what Siege of the Atlas is able to offer up, but from there it’s a case of sitting back patiently and waiting for the new expansion to arrive. You should be seeing it anytime now. Should you not have that base game, pick it up from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It’s totally free to download and play.
Let us know what you think of this new drop and feature set for Path of Exile. The comments are just below this trailer…