May is coming and it’s nearly time for the whole Xbox community to take in new features on their Xbox One. But as is always the case, preview members get first crack at the action…but what will be on the menu?
Well, Xbox One owners will find a variety of new features, although most of them are firmly planted in the Smartglass camp. The full list is below, but we’re super excited to finally see the option to switch our consoles on and off via our phones and tablets. Whilst not completely necessary for Kinect users, it’ll surely be a great help to those running a Kinect-free system.
As always, MajorNelson has all the details, plus a handy little vid right below that shows the next lot of features – and those coming to the Xbox App for Windows 10!
- Over-the-air TV for the U.S. and Canada – Earlier this month, we announced the preview for an Over-the-Air Tuner for the U.S. and Canada.
- Power on and off from Xbox One SmartGlass – The beta versions of the Xbox One SmartGlass apps for Windows, Windows Phone and Android will be updated to let you turn your Xbox One on and off.
- Wireless Display app – Try the Wireless Display app to cast photos stored on your phone to your Xbox One, or to stream non-protected video content from your PC to your Xbox.
- User-selectable power mode – Select your preferred power mode, either Instant-on or Energy-saving mode.
- Voice messages – The ability to send and receive voice messages from the Xbox One messages app continues in preview this month.
A smaller than usual set of features but still some stuff to get excited about eh?