It was just a few weeks back that SEGA threw out the first free update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on Xbox, Playstation and Switch. Now though, as a celebration of Puyo Day, we find the second free update drop – and yet again a whole host of new content is included within.
First time around we discovered the free update for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch providing additional playable characters, new music tracks and more. Now, with update number two, a similar offering is available, with even more characters, a new 4-player online mode, further music tracks and much more.
In fact, you’ll find all of the following in place, at least as soon as you’ve spent time nabbing the latest free update…
- Four new playable characters – Serilly, a timid mermaid, she has highly effective buff and debuff skills in her arsenal; Rafisol, a mysterious being from an unknown world hiding a hideous power with the ability to, among others, change the shape of the Tetrimino in your possession; Possessed Klug, an evil crimson spirit that has taken over Klug’s body, with a powerful skill that can set up a powerful T-Spin attack; and Yu & Rei, ghostly twins with a chilling degree of pun and trivia knowledge who have a skill that removes up to 32 pieces of incoming Garbage Puyos
- Six Challenge modes brought online – Formerly single-player offline modes, all of the six Challenge modes can now be played with up to four competitors online and offline
- Colour Vision Accessibility Features — Featuring the colour vision accessibility settings originally introduced in Puyo Puyo Champions to support colour vision accessibility, this update includes adjustments for colour saturation that can be toggled on or off throughout the game
- Background music — Enjoy 3 new tracks from previous Puyo Puyo titles, including Puyo Puyo Chronicle
- New avatars — 20 fresh faces in the lineup, giving players even more options to customize their profiles
With Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 providing an alternative Tetris option to the brilliant Tetris Effect: Connected, fans of block dropping and line making should be in their element here. You’ll find the base game available from the usual digital stores for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox Game Pass, PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch. The game will also be coming to Steam in March, and we’re expecting even more free updates and content to hit home as the week progress.
Let us know what you think of SEGA’s Tetris effect by posting in the comments.