No matter which gaming console or PC you prefer to spend time with, you’ve probably heard of Disco Elysium, mainly as not many games sit on Metacritic with 91 rated Metascores. Whether you’ve played it or not though matters little, for very soon Disco Elysium will be coming to your format of choice with The Final Cut edition accompanied by a pretty special Collector’s Edition.
Confirmed at The Game Awards by ZA/UM, Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will arrive on Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, PC and Google Stadia, delivering the definitive edition of the game to those around the globe.
The Final Cut will include full voice acting for Revachol’s beautiful people as well as new quests and unseen areas to explore and what’s more, those who already have a copy of the game will receive a free full upgrade to The Final Cut on their current platform.
So when does Disco Elysium: The Final Cut drop? Well, we’re looking at Summer 2021 for the Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch launches, with digital downloads occurring on PS4, PS5, Google Stadia and PC (Steam, GOG, Epic) in March 2021. Next year will also see the arrival of the Collector’s Edition of the game, created as ZA/UM team up with iam8bit. This is available for pre-order right now with a $249.99 price tag attached. It will however include:
- Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ Premium Box
- Hand-Painted ‘Mind Totem’ Vinyl Sculpture
- 190+ Page Hardbound Art Book feat. Oodles of Previously Unreleased Art and Stories
- Illustrated Fabric Map of the District of Martinaise
- Physical Edition of Disco Elysium with Reversible Cover, Housed in an Elegant Slipcase
- Region Free – Worldwide Compatibility
- Available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch
Further to that, you’ll also be able to get the full soundtrack on vinyl, whilst a range of merch will also drop.
If you haven’t yet played Disco Elysium and want to know more about The Final Cut, then well, you need to know that this is the definitive edition of an RPG that has taken the PC world by storm. You play the part of a detective working their way through a huge open world, utilising skills, meeting all manner of folk, and attempting to become an utter hero. If not, well…
Features of Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will include:
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All of the city’s beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customisation lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5.
- Real Role-playing: Customise your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
- Free Upgrade For All: The Final Cut will be available at no extra cost to all current owners of Disco Elysium. Original players expand their experience for free while new players can enjoy the new content from their first playthrough.
Is this the news you’ve been waiting for? Have you previously played Disco Elysium on PC but still can’t wait to get back into the world? Does that Collector’s Edition need a place in your life? Let us know all your thoughts and comments down below.