What do you get when you combine the cutesy graphics of Pokemon, with the intensive farm-sim life of Stardew Valley? Well, you of course get Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos on Xbox and PC! This is a brand-new cosy Harvest Moon title that has been released to celebrate a whopping 25 years of the franchise.
Available now on Xbox and PC, with Switch and PlayStation versions to follow suit, The Winds of Anthos is not the first Harvest Moon game to be released for the Xbox crowd. Both Harvest Moon: Mad Dash and Harvest Moon: Light of Hope have graced our shores as of late.
But this new instalment is a completely different beast. It comes with a branching narrative, modern graphics and a huge world to discover. In fact, The Winds of Anthos has a lot to offer.
After receiving an SOS message from the Harvest Goddess, instructing you to reconnect all the separated villages of Anthos, you’ll also need to revive the Goddess themself and the Harvest Sprites. How will you do so, you may ask? Well, farming makes up a big part of this, as through building your own farm can you connect with your community and those from others.
A warming tale is to be told. And with a brand-new cast of quirky characters to meet (and romance…), there’s tons to do in the newest Harvest Moon.
Key Features of Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos on Xbox
- Farm all around Anthos using Doc’s new and improved Expando-Farm! Easily move from place to place and farm everywhere from snowy mountains to beautiful beaches!
- Keep and raise different kinds of cows, chickens, and sheep in your barn! Find even more exotic animals to keep out in the wild of Anthos!
- Participate in a variety of contests and festivals!
- Woo 5 different bachelors and 5 different bachelorettes! Mary whoever your heart desires!
- Keep unique pets like wolves and exotic animals such as Bengal tigers!
- Collect seeds from Harvest Wisps hidden all over Anthos! Some of the rare ones only come out at certain times, so keep an eye out for them!
- Explore the wide world of Anthos on foot or on mount! Unique and unusual mounts are available as well!
- Mine deep for ore and other materials in several different mines! Watch out for falling rocks!
- Fast travel around the world using the Harvest Goddess’s Warp Statues!
- Take pictures, selfies, and more!
Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC. Whilst we get to work making our full review of Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos on Xbox, you can check it out via the Xbox Store for £41.74.
There’s the Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos Bundle available too. This costs £54.24 and adds to the base game with the Season Pass. It’s that which promises four upcoming DLC packs – Visitors from Afar, Animal Avalanche, Tool Upgrader & New Interior Designs and New Crops, Fish and Recipes. The Animal Avalanche DLC is in place right now, priced at £2.49 if you would prefer. The rest, will follow.
And the Season Pass can be grabbed individually too. You’re looking at a £12.49 asking price.
There’s a trailer below too – just ignore the PlayStation branding if you must…
Harvest Moon: The Winds of Anthos on Xbox Game Description
Explore the Amazing World of Anthos!
The land of Anthos was a peaceful and harmonious land watched over by the Harvest Goddess and the Harvest Sprites, who protected the inhabitants of Anthos from natural disasters such as storms, earthquakes, and the like.
However, one day many years ago, Anthos experienced a severe volcanic eruption that threatened life on Anthos itself, and the Harvest Goddess and Harvest Sprites had to use all of their remaining power to keep the people and animals of Anthos safe. This left the different villages across the land blocked off from each other. Some unfortunate souls even got trapped outside their villages, and were unable to return…
Believing that the separated villages and people would one day be reconnected, the Harvest Goddess sent out a bottle with a letter and a magic key, then fell into a deep sleep…
Now, 10 years later, you have found the SOS the Harvest Goddess sent to the world in the form of a message in a bottle! With the help of your wacky inventor friend Doc Jr. and many others, it’ll be up to you to revive the Harvest Goddess and the Harvest Sprites, as well as reconnect all of the villages of Anthos with each other!