Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread doesn’t just have a lengthy old title – it’s got a lot of stuff going on inside of it too. A 2D action-adventure that mixes in platforming, metroidvania-styled exploration, combat and the more, it has now broken out of Steam Early Access to launch on Xbox.
Playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread will set you back £16.74 from the Xbox Store.
A game that has been inspired by those action flicks of the 1980s, it will see you traversing through a wonderfully delightful world, one full of colour and comic-book stylings as you attempt to save the world. Yep, another in which we’ll be saving the world .
Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread promises much. Four playable characters are on hand to help push this adventure forward, each with their own unique abilities and skillsets. This means that whoever you play with, you’ll find access to specific weapons at certain times; grappling hooks, grenade launchers and teleporters for instance.
You’ll need those skills and weapons too as whilst the land of Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread and the island itself looks fun, it’s full of deadly foes and monstrous bosses. Utilising that weaponry, making the most of your platforming skills and involving yourself in a little light puzzling is the name of the game.
In all, you should expect to discover that Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread is capable of providing more than twenty hours of gameplay – and for the price, that seems like a bit of a bargain.
The key features you’ll take in during that time are…
- • Get The Team Together! – Switch between four playable characters on the fly, each equipped with unique abilities to help you progress! Blast off with all-American hero Jeff, channel the deadly rage of Shura, decommission enemies as the cyborg Scotsman Galahad, and help the chakram-wielding Vortex reclaim her island.
- • Explore A Metroidvania World! – Dr. Cread’s island may look as pretty as a postcard, but this ain’t no holiday in the sun! Explore, backtrack, and trailblaze non-linear routes through gorgeous, interconnected levels. Discover the secrets of unique biomes and regions like jungle villages, cliffside prisons, volcanoes, and ancient temples!
- • Crush Monstrous Bosses! – Test your mettle in epic boss fights against hybrid monstrosities, giant robots, cyborg ninjas, and other evil minions – all baying for your blood. Make full use of different heroes’ skills and weapons to stay on top!
- • Unleash Weapons & Abilities! – Overcome puzzles and enemies with special abilities — crash the party with Jeff’s grenade launcher, reach new areas with Shura’s grappling hook, and warp around with Vortex’s chakram teleporter. Need more firepower? Seek out new modules to upgrade your weapons arsenal!
- • Save The World! – Unravel the evil plans of Dr. Cread in a 20+ hour, action-packed story campaign with fully voice-acted cutscenes. Assemble the Blast Brigade, master their skills, and storm the island to bring this heinous villain and his legion to justice – once and for all!
We’re looking to run a review of Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread as soon as we possibly can. We’ll let you know how it plays out on Xbox Series X|S (yep, this is a next-gen optimised title). To find out for yourself, just head to the Xbox Store.
Blast Brigade vs. The Evil Legion of Dr. Cread is a 2D metroidvania adventure inspired by the popcorn-chomping thrills of ’80s action flicks. Explore and backtrack through a colorful comic-style world, using your platforming skills, puzzle-solving wits, and an explosive arsenal of weapons and abilities to save the world!