From the creator of Goat Simulator comes a nearly as madcap experience, one in which you’ll be looking to pull off ridiculous stunts in order to grab the insurance money to pay for a place in the very finest retirement homes. Yep, Just Die Already may not sit comfortably with some, but for others this could well be on the same crazy levels as we found when we were throwing goats around town. Are you ready to be old, and be bold?
Available to purchase and download right now, Just Die Already from Curve Digital and the Goat Simulator himself, Armin Ibrisagic, focuses on a fictional tale in which old aged pensioners battle it out for the very best of retirement homes. These places aren’t cheap though and so you’ll need to do your best to prove that it is you who deserves a place with free care – and to do that, you’ll have to prove your worth through a series of stunts.
The open playground of Just Die Already awaits those happy to splash the £11.99 Xbox asking price, and from there you’ll be able to either play alone, or with others as utter mayhem breaks loose. With a detailed city full of secrets, hidden paths and more, getting hurt – but not dying – should be a cinch as you attempt to break a leg and find a place in that home of your dreams.
Key features include all of the following…
- BE OLD, BE BOLD – You get to be an old person. Angry, fragile, poor and hating the world: the dream you didn’t know you had until now. Finally, you have found something in common with your grandparents.
- BREAK A LEG… BREAK A NECK – Discover the joys of being old and made of glass, anything can break you and you can break your everything.
- DON’T TRY THIS AT (RETIREMENT) HOME – Complete dangerous challenges that you will never ever try at home and answer existential questions like: can you launch yourself from a catapult and land on someone? Or, can you survive losing your head, grabbing it and whacking someone with it?
- ONE MISSION: RETIRE! – Earn rewards by completing dangerous challenges, your goal? To qualify for a proper retirement home. That makes perfect sense. Word of advice: try and stay in one piece so you can enjoy it in the end…
- SANDBOX MULTIPLAYER – Play alone, or with up to 4 players in online multiplayer. Complete challenges together, or just cause mayhem and rip your friends’ limbs off!
- BE OLD. TWICE. – You get to be an old person. So good we said it twice.
- LIMITLESS INTERACTION – Pick up and interact with a very wide variety of objects. Everything from giant trouts, trampolines, guns, electrical wiring, and fireworks, just to mention a few. Bazookas, axes, trombones, air horns and jetpacks to mention a few more. Yes they all can be used to hurt and maim.
- EMBRACE YOUR INNER BOOMER – Wreak havoc on the millennial and zoomer population (we forgot Generation X, just like everyone else). NPCs react differently depending on their age – some will laugh and clap at others getting hurt while others will run away in terror.
- THE GAME CAN BE AS CRAZY AS YOU – The city is filled with detailed environments, loaded with secrets and hidden paths, that encourage detailed exploration and quirky experimentation to truly see it all.
- OLD. PERSON. – Okay that’s the last time we promise.
The question that is on the lips of many though is how exactly do you survive in a world that wants you to Just Die Already? Well, our full review of the game is currently in the works and should, hopefully, be able to divulge the info you need.
Should you not be able to wait for that, and reckon pulling off some crazy stunts are your bag, just pop along to the Xbox Store, the PlayStation Store, the Nintendo eShop or your favourite PC offering and grab a download of Just Die Already on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch or PC.
Let us know which stunts find you that place in the OAP home.
Just Die Already is an old people mayhem sandbox game created by the designers of Goat Simulator. You are an old retired person in a near future where people aren’t having any children. There isn’t anyone to pay for pensions due to those ungrateful millennials who prefer playing video games instead of doing actual work. With no one to cover your living costs, you – just like all other old people in this world – have no other choice but to survive on your own. How will you survive in a world that wants you to Just Die Already? To make things worse, you’ve just been kicked out of your retirement home, and your only option now is to perform dangerous challenges and explore the world for retirement tickets to qualify for free retirement care. So with society wishing you dead, isn’t it finally time to live a little?