It’s rare to find a game come out of the Team17 stable that isn’t able to deliver a huge amount of fun. We only have to look at Overcooked!, at Yoku’s Island Express and at Golf With Your Friends to understand the type of games that make Team17 tick. That is why Moving Out was such an interesting experience – fun, stupid, colourful, mad; it had all the ingredients required. And now it’s getting ready to evolve, giving players the chance to move in, with Moving Out.
Moving Out, is all about moving home, or at least helping others move house as you join the F.A.R.T. team – Furniture Arrangement and Relocation Technicians. From there it is up to you to move delicate ornaments, bulky furniture and pretty much whole houses into the back of a truck, as safely and as carefully as you can. But much like Overcooked, wild and wacky is what Moving Out turns into, as stuff gets thrown, smashed and forgotten.
Now though, or at least as soon as the new free update for Moving Out arrives, the original game twists on its head as you take stuff out of a lorry, and back into the home – all in the fastest time possible. The ‘Moving In’ update is available in 12 of the game’s original levels and gives players the new task of unpacking the van and placing items into their new homes. Further to that and it also adds a new ‘auto snap’ option to the assist mode to help players position items exactly where they’re needed.
What’s more, for a bit more fun, the update also adds the option for players to customise their character’s shirts, and debuts two brand-new dance moves – The Prospector and Loveshack!
Key features of the original game include:
- Couch co-op: Players can either take on Moving Out solo or enlist the help of up to three friends in local multiplayer co-operative gameplay, as they figure out how to get items into the removals van in the quickest way possible!
- Location, location, location: No move is too big, too small, or too weird. Work through sleepy suburbs, frenzied farms, haunted houses and even head into space to keep customers happy!
- Physics: Need to get a large item of furniture down some steps? Gravity is a F.A.R.T’s best friend. Glass door in the way? Smash right through it. Throwing things over railings will always be quicker than carrying them the long way around.
- Character customisation: Choose from a roster of movers from humans to anthropomorphic animals and appliances that can be tailored to suit the job at hand.
- Assist mode: Increased time limits, skippable levels and removal of dangers are just some of the options available in assist mode.
- Accessibility options: Dyslexia-friendly text, scalable user interface, and remappable keyboard controls on Steam make the Moving Out experience as inclusive as possible.
Keep an eye out for that Moving In update coming to Moving Out for free very soon. Check out the trailer too.
And if you haven’t got a copy of the game, sort that out by hitting up the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. You’ll also find the game on PS4, Switch and PC – the update is coming to those formats too.