Ready to head off on a post-apocalyptic road-trip? Overland is here, bringing with it turn-based post-apocalyptic survival action!
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Overland comes about via the team at Finji – they behind Night in the Woods and Canabalt – to deliver a whole new survival experience. Priced up at £20.99, Overland sees you taking control of a group of travellers who are attempting to cross the United States before the end of the world arrives.
As you would expect though, this road-trip won’t be an easy one and with a turn-based system pushing the trip along, you’ll need to consider a number of options as the miles rack up. In fact, the closest of calls and the most dramatic of escapes will be par for the course in Overland as you go about fighting creatures and rescuing survivors in order to keep the group sane.
Decision making will be crucial, whether it is deciding where to travel to next, or whether you should bother taking that stray dog along for the ride, and throughout your time with Overland by Finji, you will be left constantly considering numerous options and outcomes.
- Always keep fuel in the tank. Stay away from the creatures. Be careful. Be quiet.
- Loud sounds attract trouble, and there’s no way you can fight them all. Grab as much gas as you can, rescue that trapped stranger, and get back in the car before it’s too late.
- Travel West, through grasslands, over mountains, across deserts, and to even stranger places. Every level, roadmap, and character is randomly generated, so each trip is new.
- Equip dozens of items, including medkits, shields, axes, potted plants, scavenged armor, and luggage racks.
- A completely new end of the world from Finji (Canabalt, Night in the Woods).
The Xbox Store will provide the option to get a download in, and that £20.99 price tag will need to be coughed up in order to see a copy of this game making its way to your digital library. We reckon it could well be worth a little shot though. Do you agree? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Take care of a group of travelers on a post-apocalyptic road-trip across the United States in this turn-based survival game. Fight scary creatures, rescue stranded survivors, and scavenge for supplies like fuel, first aid kits, and weapons. Decide where to go next, whether it’s upgrading this wrecked car, or rescuing that dog. Just remember, there are consequences for every action. Get ready for close calls, dramatic escapes, hard choices, arguing about whether or not that dog gets rescued, and the end of the world.