2020 was a weird year, but it was also one of hope. One of his biggest was that the cute co-op brawling of Party Animals was to release. Those hopes were dashed.
Whip forward to mid-2023 though and the Party Animals are once again gearing up for a good time. Especially as a fully confirmed, will-not-miss, release date is known. The devs have promised it.
We first told you of Party Animals back in 2020, as a PC and console launch was planned for later that year. But you know, life and all that scuppered the chance for fun.
Get the party started!
But don’t let any of that disappointment hit too hard as Party Animals has now been fully confirmed to launch on September 20th 2023. The party will start on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PC as ridiculously cute cooperative brawling commences.
In Party Animals on Xbox, hilarity is promised. A physics-based multiplayer title, you’ll be left to throw a paw, before smashing, wrestling, punching and flinging your friends and family to the floor. And the chaos that ensues will be oh so adorable…
From the Recreate Games team, Party Animals will be coming in September complete with a host of features. Notably, crossplay between PC and Xbox will be in hand, all powered by a unique physics engine, many game modes and the cutest of animals.
Party Animals on Xbox and PC features
- Unique Physics Engine – Completely physics-driven character movements lead to seemingly haphazard, floppy, unpredictable, and hilarious encounters. Will your punch land in that sweet spot and send your foe flying off the stage, or will it knock your own character completely off balance?
- Variety of Game Modes – With numerous local and online multiplayer game modes and maps to choose from, including free-for-all skirmishes and objective-based gameplay, players will journey through an eclectic mix of environments where anything can happen – such as all-out lollipop warfare between a cute dinosaur and a fluffy shark!
- Cute Animals – Choose your character from a diverse cast of adorable animals, customize their appearance, and dive into the cuddle puddle mosh pit!
- Collect Cosmetic Items – Over 100 cosmetic items, such as animals and outfits, can be unlocked by acquiring in-game currencies through gameplay or purchasing them. Cosmetics are purely aesthetic and do not provide any gameplay advantages… aside from being cuter than your opponents, of course!
- Seamless Crossplay – With cross-platform play between PC and Xbox, no friend will be left behind in this whirlwind of absurdity. Say goodbye to the fear of missing out on the nonsensical shenanigans—everyone’s invited to the party!
Why the delay since 2020?
The developers sincerely apologize to fans for the prolonged wait and are committed to providing more accurate and frequent progress updates to keep players informed on everything that needs to be completed before the release.
“This is our first time developing a game, and we underestimated the time it would take to fix the bugs. Additionally, some necessary approval processes took longer than we planned. We are just as eager as fans to see Party Animals launch, and we want to ensure it’s as polished and bug-free as possible first.” – Zixiong Luo, Producer & CEO of Recreate Games
All of the main gameplay features were completed at the end of 2022 and the devs are currently in the testing and bug-fixing phase. To adhere to their commitment to being more transparent about the development of Party Animals, here is a list of things they need to complete before launch:
- Partner Platform Approval – The final approval from partner platforms and relevant departments in various countries is the first priority. Without these approvals, they cannot set up servers and sell the game in certain regions.
- Server Stress Testing – They will have at least two full-interface and full-volume stress tests to ensure the online game will not have as few server problems as possible for launch.
- Offline Trial Version – They will attend the Chinajoy game exhibition in July, and players can try the game on-site. The team looks forward to players trying the near-final build and hopes to receive valuable feedback.
The launch of Party Animals on Xbox and PC
Recreate Games promise the new launch date is precise and accurate, and they guarantee it will not be postponed again. We’re not sure anyone should be promising anything, but good luck to them.
We’ll be sure to keep you looped as to when Party Animals on Xbox and PC plays out.