There is most definitely a bit of a trend in the vehicular-based gaming scene at this moment in time. Whilst it always used to be all about how fast you could make it from point A to point B, with a current huge emphasis on the off-road world, it’s all about just making that journey instead; working your way as slowly and carefully as you possibly can. Today we hear of a new extreme off-road simulation experience that is on the cards, with Heavy Duty Challenge due to pop up on console and PC from the end of 2021.
Building on the brilliance of SnowRunner, and allowing us to traverse across multiple terrains like Overpass, Nano Games have today confirmed that Heavy Duty Challenge in in development. A game that is due to launch on Steam in Q4 2021, followed by a console launch thereafter – should probably cover the Xbox Series X and PS5 options by then – Heavy Duty Challenge allows you the chance to show off your trucking skills as you drive a wide selection of huge and powerful trucks, overcome multiple, massively challenging terrains, and reach the top of the leaderboards to become an ultimate champion of truck trials.
Very much working the non-racing, yet extremely competitive route, if you are looking for something to possibly rival SnowRunner then Heavy Duty Challenge could well be it. Pushing your way through rocky fields of European quarries and attempting to finish every level with more precision and a better skill rating than your opponents is the name of the game here.
Inspired by Europa Truck Trial Motorsport Championships, the key features of Heavy Duty Challenge on console and PC will be:
- Authentic simulation of off-road driving experience.
- 12 real trucks, each with a unique cabin view.
- 5 real locations recreated from actual truck trail championship areas.
- Various customization options.
- Realistic off-road physics and deformable terrain.
- Lifelike visual and sound effects to enhance the experience.
- Two perspectives: cabin view and TPP with 5 additional camera angles.
- Competitive mechanics: leaderboards.
- Gamepad and steering wheel support.
- Championship Event and Career Mode!
So, tempted to keep an eye on the development process of Heavy Duty Challenge? We’ll be sure to bring you the details as things progress over the months ahead, especially when we start hearing more of some kind of Xbox confirmation. For now though, get over to Steam if you wish to pre-order.