In SuperMash every single playthrough is a new surprise, as gamers get the opportunity to mix and match specific genres to create their very own unique gaming experience. And as the team at Digital Continue drop the release on to PC, news arrives that the game will be making waves on all major consoles in 2020.
A game-making game that promises to be pretty unique from near on everything else, SuperMash hits the Epic games Store for a price of $24.99, allowing gamers to create their very own experience, with the development team promising that no person will play the same game twice, as they Mash options together to create a ton of fun. See, one Mash might send them on a Stealth rescue mission as a bouncy Platformer character, while the next one will require them to fight a JRPG boss in the middle of a top-down Action-Adventure dungeon. It sources art and design elements from each genre to make these experiences one-of-a-kind.
“Two years ago we had a crazy idea…what if we could build a game that makes games?” says Joseph M Tringali, Digital Continue’s Game Director and co-founder. “Now, we are finally ready to see the unique, emergent games that SuperMash creates for fans around the world.”
With a plethora of options available, some of the game’s key features include:
- Six game genres for players to blend together: Metrovania, Shoot ‘em Up, Stealth, Platformer, JRPG, and Action-Adventure
- Unlockable Dev Cards, which can be used to further customize Mashes
- Glitches in each Mash to change how the game is played
- One-of-a-kind codes for Mashes so players can share them with each other, as well as the ability to save Mashes to play them again in the future
- A story mode campaign where players can save a video game store from a nefarious threat
If you’re into the PC world and reckon the Epic Games Store is something you can embrace then you should be able to pick up SuperMash right about now. We’re obviously super interested in the console news though and will be sure to bring you further details as to when the 2020 major consoles – let us guess at Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch) – launch occurs as and when we can. For now though, trailer time…