If you’re an Xbox Game Pass subscriber then chances are you’ll rarely be bored by your gaming exploits for there are a whole host of games being added to the scheme on a massively regular basis. Today that digital library increases once more as Pathologic 2 arrives on Xbox One, debuting on the Game Pass in the process.
Available to purchase and download on Xbox One, Pathologic 2 is a new story-driven survival thriller that brings twists and turns at every moment, all as you find yourself falling into a rural town which is slowly dying a death. Hit by a plague, it’ll be up to you to help the townsfolk understand what is what in Pathologic, as the drama and intensity starts to hit home.
The problem is, you only have 12 days to save the land.
- – 12 days in an odd town ravaged by a deadly disease.
- – Time is of the essence: if you don’t manage it carefully, it’ll simply run out. You’ll have to choose how to spend the priceless minutes you have.
- – Survival thriller. You’ll have to manage your bodily functions, offsetting hunger, thirst, exhaustion, and so on. It doesn’t boil down to scavenging resources. Surviving on your own is hard; you’ll have to win over allies.
- – An uphill battle. Managing your bodily parameters may seem bearable at first, and as time goes by, it becomes harder and harder. Your own body is only waiting for an opportunity to give up and betray you. Things are changing from bad to worse and the odds are stacked against you.
- – A duel with an enemy you can’t kill. Your main foe is the plague itself, an incorporeal and malevolent entity that you have to defeat… without having the means to. It’s more powerful and more treacherous than you can imagine.
- – Loot, murder, mug, steal, barter, beg… or don’t. You need resources to survive, and it’s up to you how to obtain them.
- – The fights are short, ungraceful, and vicious. They’re not always lethal though. Many people—yourself included—would prefer to exchange their wallet for their life.
Pathologic 2 on Xbox One comes with a standard £29.24 price tag attached, however Xbox Game Pass players are able to enjoy everything it brings for free. And should those subscribers then find themselves wishing to continue playing further down the line, a small discount on that usual price tag can also be found.
With the Xbox Store delivering the downloads no matter which route you take, should you wish to involve yourself in the healing of this town, and are ready to test your survival skills as you battle this bleak and strange world then you’ll do well to pay it a visit.
If you find yourself fully taken in then you should also consider a purchase of the Marble Nest DLC. £8.39 will bring an extra 2-3 hour long adventure which delivers a completly different perspective to what is found in the base game.
Pathologic 2 is a narrative-driven dramatic thriller about fighting a deadly outbreak in a secluded rural town. The town is dying. Face the realities of a collapsing society as you make difficult choices in seemingly lose-lose situations. The plague isn’t just a disease. You can’t save everyone. The plague is devouring the town. The chief local healer is dead, and you are now to take his place. You’ll have to look for unexpected allies. The local kids are hiding something. Try playing by their rules.