The party season is coming and, hopefully, we’ll be able to spend time with others, downing a few beers, eating too much food and playing a ton of video games. One of those that should be on your gaming list is The Jackbox Party Pack 8.
Available to purchase and download right now on pretty much every format you could ever wish for – Steam, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, Apple TV, iPad, Amazon Fire TV, Humble, Fanatical, Epic Games, the Mac App Store and Android TV – The Jackbox Party Pack 8 is Jackbox Games’ latest and great bundle of brilliant mini games.
Possibly the greatest party title known to humankind, the eighth of The Jackbox Party Packs brings forth five new games, with some twists on old favourites and some lovely new additions to keep the mind ticking over.
Fun, humour and stupidness is the aim of the game with The Jackbox Party Pack 8 and as our full review of the game mentions, this one is full of game genres, provides plenty of laughs and contains a ton of replay value.
So what do we have? Well, Pack 8 adds in a new Drawful, this time in the form of Drawful Animate, whilst the trivia angle is carried by The Wheel of Enormous Proportions. Further to that is Job Job, providing players who get off on job interviews the chance to showcase their skills, whilst The Poll Mine and Weapons Drawn add in further ideas.
We highly recommend you check out our full review of The Jackbox Party Pack 8 on Xbox Series X|S in order to find out more about these titles. Brief descrips of each are as follows:
- Drawful Animate (3 -10 players) – It’s alive! The guessing game with terrible drawings and hilariously wrong answers makes a dynamic return. In this revamped title, players create looping, two-frame animations based on weird and random titles.
- The Wheel of Enormous Proportions (2-8 players) – Trivia has never been so large! A fantastic, mystical wheel challenges you with a variety of trivia prompts. Winners are awarded slices of the Wheel’s face with a chance to win big with each nail-biting spin. In the end, one player will have their most burning question answered by the great Wheel.
- Job Job (3-10 players) – Use other people’s words to create unique and funny answers to classic job interview questions. Go head to head to see who scores the job!
- The Poll Mine (2-10 players) – A survey game that’s all about YOU! Split into teams and see who can escape from the witch’s lair! Players individually rank their choices to a difficult question, then must guess how the group answered as a whole. How well do you know your friends?!
- Weapons Drawn (4-8 players) – A social deduction game where everyone is both a murderer and a detective. Players doodle all the clues, hiding a letter from their name in the weapon drawings. Can you solve murders while trying to get away with your own?
Of course, if you’re a veteran of the Jackbox scene, having spent hours on end laughing with the previous packs which are available, you’ll probably be right up for this one. If you are, just head to the digital store of your choosing. We’ll point you to the Xbox Store where you can get hold of the game on Xbox One and optimised for Xbox Series X|S.
From there, let the Jackbox games commence…
The eighth installment of the beloved Jackbox Party Pack franchise is here! Five hilarious new games will energize your next game night, holiday party, happy hour, or video call. No extra controllers needed – players use their phones or tablets to play along! Got a bigger group? Play with up to 10 players and up to 10,000 audience members. The Jackbox Party Pack 8 is currently in English only. This game does not support online matchmaking but can still be enjoyed remotely using livestreaming services or video conferencing tools.