Hear me out here, but what if Rocket League had an 18-hole golf course mode? If you think that would be boring, have a look at this trailer for the newly announced Turbo Golf Racing for PC and Xbox and then come back to me:
“From the moment we first laid eyes on Turbo Golf Racing we were hooked by the concept,” says Paige Dolan, Greenlight Manager at Secret Mode. “Hugecalf Studios has crafted a raucous multiplayer experience like no other, and Turbo Golf Racing instantly became a daily staple of our free-time gaming sessions here in The Bunker. We’re counting down the days until the wider world can tee off with great anticipation.”
Turbo Golf Racing will also have a huge emphasis on racing too. It is all well and good getting your ball into the hole, but you’ve got to be quick about it too. It is set to also feature:
- Race Your Rivals – Eight-player online multiplayer with matchmaking and cross-platform play between PC and Xbox platforms.
- Outrageous Customisation – Scores of cosmetic options enable you to tune-up their vehicles with paint, wheels, spoiler, shield, chassis, and boosters fit for a champion.
- Power Cores – Get the edge over your rivals by unlocking and equipping Power Cores, altering your car’s capabilities and unlock special abilities such as Roll and Ground Stomp.
- Take To The Skies – Keep your wheels on land or launch off the fairway, activate your wings and glide to victory.
- Upcoming Content – Regular free updates will bring new courses, new Power Cores and new cosmetics.
“Turbo Golf Racing is the game we’ve always dreamed of making,” says Jonny Hughes, Producer at Hugecalf Studios. “We’re incredibly proud of Turbo Golf Racing and our plans for its future, and cannot wait for players to experience it first-hand when the Beta launches this Spring.”
Beta signups can be done now by heading to the official Turbo Golf Racing website where you can also wishlist the game on Steam. We do not have a concrete release date yet, but we do know it is heading to Xbox in 2022. And when we say Xbox, we mean Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox Game Pass.
Excited for this one? With it heading straight into Game Pass this is now a Day One play for me. Fancy hitting the links with us when it launches? Let us know in the comments below.