Nearly two decades on from first release, Black Isle Studios and Interplay Entertainment have remastered a classic, pushing it out onto all modern day formats. The question is, will you be taking in the unspeakable evil which awaits in Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II?
Available right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S (fully Optimised and with Xbox Smart Delivery in the house), PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch, PC (Steam) and Steam Deck, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II follows on in the wake of the re-release of Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance.
This remastered sequel is a game that has picked up much acclaim over the years, bringing with it a bit of a cult following. Now though it’s time for a new age of gamer to bear witness to it.
Priced at £31.49 from the Xbox Store – and you should expect to pay roughly that elsewhere – Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II will whisk you off to the city of Baldur’s Gate, throwing no less than five playable characters your way and requesting you get on with it. No matter who you choose, you’ll be tasked with running this world, making the most of weaponry and armour, of runestones and gems, as you successfully navigate your way through hordes of the most horrid of monsters. You expect to be found going up against Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and more, with Dragons becoming your ultimate foe.
All this will be played out across four difficulty levels – those of Easy, Normal, Hard and Extreme. With local cooperative support in place, you may well wish to grab a buddy to help you through the destruction that will take place.
All in, you’re looking at Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II key features along the lines of…
- Hack your way or cast powerful spells through over 80 perilous levels
- Hidden areas, secret characters, and hundreds of items to discover, customize, and use
- Forge unique magical weapons and armor to maximize the damage you inflict in battle
- Conquer hordes of beasts and armies of Hobgoblins, Ghouls, Golems and dreaded Dragons
- Compelling single or two-player cooperative modes of play
- Four difficulty levels to challenge even the hardiest adventurer; “Easy”, “Normal”, “Hard” and “Extreme”.
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast and two secret characters; Drizzt Do’Urden and Artemis Entreri.
- Verified Steamdeck certification.
- Local co-op support!
- Fully voice-acted by an all-star cast
Keep an eye out for a full review from us in the coming days, but for now you can grab Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance II from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It’s on those other formats too – PlayStation, Switch, PC and Steam Deck.
Unspeakable evil has returned to the legendary city of Baldur’s Gate. A call for adventurers echoes through the embattled land. Cunning warriors and bold magic users are desperately needed to reclaim Baldur’s Gate from a dark sorcery that threatens all in its path.