It’s been a rocky old ride through the streets of London for Ubisoft and Watch Dogs: Legion, with an initial launch that failed to really ignite enthusiasm and then an Online drop which was then beset by server problems. Today though comes Title Update 4.0, which signals Update 1 for the game – and it brings forth a new Hero for players to enjoy, some additional missions and goodies in the form of free content.
Available today for Watch Dogs: Legion players to enjoy, Title Update 4.0 adds in Dedsec’s new playable hero – Mina Sidhu. Once a subject of testing, Mina comes with the power of mind control, allowing her to take charge of any enemy with her Mind Control Device – the OMNI Optik. Giving her the power to control is one thing, but then she also has a second trick up her sleeve, that of a Mental Blast that can easily disrupt any nearby foes.
Alongside the arrival of Mina is a new Dedsec Stories mission – that of Swipe Right. This sees DedSec discovering that someone in London is conspiring with an Egyptian minister to sell off the country’s antiquities, with the money going to fund violent insurgents. Unsurprisingly, it’s up to you to work out what the hell is going on.
This all arrives on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Google Stadia, Amazon Luna, Ubisoft+ and both the Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Store for PC, available to Season Pass holders.
Further to that though, the update also adds a variety of free content to both single-player and the online mode, including:
Single-player campaign & Online Mode –
- Two new Operatives: the DJ & the First Responder
- Operative Customisation: players can customise their Operatives’ hair and body art
- Five new Operative abilities
- Pickpocket: Operatives can earn currency on each takedown
- Second Wind: Operatives quickly regain health when defeating enemies
- Wanted: Albion or Clan Kelley enemies will attack upon detection anywhere in London
- Hoarder: Operatives can loot and carry more ammo
- Stuntman: Operatives take less damage from falls, explosions and collisions with vehicles
Online mode –
- Three Co-op Missions:
- In “Dysfunction,” a pair of mysterious Clan Kelley hackers, known only as the Cousins, have laid London’s court systems low in a DDoS attack, demanding as ransom the dismissal of all cases against Kelley family members.
- In “Meltdown,” Clan Kelley has killed four Tidis employees at Southwark Incinerator. Bagley believes Clan Kelley has bought an experimental plasma weapon, which has a half-life so short it’s only detectable in a body for a short time after death.
- In “Repossession,” Albion has a cache of data drives belonging to the original DedSec, and they plan to use the drives to pinpoint the location of active DedSec Operatives.
- Five new solo Assignments
- Two Co-op Gadgets:
- Guardian Drone: A Tidis Guardian Drone that escorts and supports nearby Operatives
- Point Defense Drones: A throwable device that deploys a cloud of drones to block incoming fire
But that’s not the only reason to head back in to Watch Dogs: Legion and there is some upcoming free post-launch content that should be on your radar. Ubisoft has detailed the availability of the free content, as well as the new, exclusive content for season pass owners across single-player and online modes.
The free post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players include:
- At the end of May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favourite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is an intense and challenging mission which will require players to strategise with their team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For Season Pass owners:
- Late-June will see the release Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline which includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Brotherhood from Assassin’s Creed®, will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
If you’re looking to give Watch Dogs: Legion another shot then perhaps the arrival of Title Update 4.0 (game update 1) is that which will allow it. Just fire up the game, grab the new content and see if the unrest of London town is something worth involving yourself in. Should you not yet have a copy of the game, you’ll find it on the usual digital stores, with us pointing you straight to the Xbox Store.