We saw it first shown off at the Microsoft E3 briefing, but already we have more details emerging. If you liked Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light, you are absolutely going to love Metro Exodus.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky and set in the year 2036, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in what should well be the greatest Metro adventure yet – and it’ll be hitting our Xbox One, PS4 and PC lives come 22nd Feb 2019.
Edit: Metro Exodus has now gone gold and will be releasing early – expect to see it on 15th Feb 2019.
Showcased at the Microsoft E3 conference, Deep Silver and 4A Games are revealing a whole load of details surrounding Exodus as taken from one entire sandbox survival area, the new gameplay trailer details the adventures of Artyom and a band of Spartans as they smash into the Volga region in the spring time.
Full of new experiences, The Volga region of Russia encompasses the drainage basin of Europe’s largest river, The Volga, as well as dangerous bandits, a crazy religious cult, and a range of vicious mutants desperate to make Artyom their next meal.
4A Games have re-imagined the landscape of the East European plains in awe inspiring detail, including the flooded remains of villages and factories where life was forever changed 25 years previously. What will the Spartans find? Will they survive the challenges of the region?
Well, with the game being set quarter of a century after nuclear war devastated Earth, we can only assume it’ll be full of mutated beasts, paranormal horrors and those suffering the flames of civil war. With the epic first person shooter blending deadly combat, stealth, exploration and survival horror all into one immersive world, the chance to explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter, is one that is hugely enticing.
“4A are extremely proud to be showing 4K gameplay of one of our vast open levels exclusively on the world’s biggest videogames stage” said Andriy Prokhorov, Creative Director and co-founder at 4A “We can’t wait to reveal more of Artyom’s journey in the coming months”
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
Are you looking forward to dropping into the shoes of Artoym in Metro Exodus? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and if you missed the video show at MS’s E3 briefing, you would do well to give it a little watch right this very minute.