It’s time to take in a new fast-paced, story-driven RPG as Everreach: Project Eden launches on Xbox One and PC – and this one comes with more than a hint of Mass Effect about it.
Available to download right now from the Xbox Store or PC equivilent, Everreach: Project Eden comes about via the teams at Headup Games and Elder Games, to provide a rather intriguing new entry into the story-based RPG genre.
Running with a price of £20.99, Everreach: Project Eden should be thought of as a small indie production that has been hugely inspired by the likes of Mass Effect, Destiny and Quantum Break, allowing the development team at Elder Games to deliver us something that should, in theory, provide all manner of RPG goodness.
Playing as Nora Harwood, your time spent with Everreach will see you attempting to understand what has happened to the first human colony to settle on the planet Eden. However, after being shot out of the sky, you’re left to work your way through the world, across the alien wilderness, all in order to investigate the mysterious incidents that are unfolding.
Working as a single player only experience, Evereach: Project Eden will see you working towards no less than four different endings, and the decisions you make throughout your time on Eden will dictate exactly what is unveiled. With a Zeus hoverbike to enjoy, multiple enemies to work out, a whole ton of minigames wllowing access to loot, and a massive skill tree in place, Everreach: Project Eden certainly looks like it will be able to provide more than just your standard indie gaming experience.
- Play as a highly trained security guard specialized in extraterrestrial missions
- Customize your skills and gear through a classic skill tree with over 80 upgrades
- Engage in tactical battles, deploy forcefields or use the environment against your foes
- Immerse yourself in 8 hours of story from Michelle Clough, game writer and former narrative QA for the Mass Effect trilogy
- Explore Eden’s beautiful vistas designed by Mai-Anh Tran, an artist who worked on movies such as WarCraft and Star Trek: Beyond
- Hop onto your hoverbike to engage in high-speed vehicular warfare
- Explore Eden, the first habitable planet discovered in our galaxy
- Roam through the unique biosphere in diverse biomes like deserts, forests and caves
- Stumble upon hidden loot and optional story elements scattered throughout the open environments
- Discover the fate of other civilizations in Everreach’s deep lore
We’ll only find out by going hands-on though and that is where the Xbox and PC stores come into play. Head on over to your preferred option right now and get a download moving. If you’re unsure as to whether a playthrough of Everreach is one for you then our full upcoming review should be able to swing it. Or failing that, our exclusive interview with the founder of Elder Games, Ede Tarsoly, should certainly be taken in.
WELCOME TO EDEN Everreach: Project Eden is a fast-paced, story-driven action-RPG set on the visually stunning Planet Eden. In Everreach, you play as Nora Harwood, member of Everreach’s Security Division, on a mission to secure the colonization process of Eden and investigate mysterious incidents. Explore this vast alien world and descend into the planet’s depths to discover the ancient secrets of a long-forgotten civilization. Packed with tactical ground combat, high-speed vehicular warfare and a compelling level and skill system, Everreach immerses you in its intriguing story and diversified gameplay.