The Xbox One System Update for March has been with preview members for a few weeks already but now it’s started to roll out to everyone else.
Bringing the much requested screenshots feature, some further enhancements to the tile transparency for better backgrounds and an upgraded party chat additions, the March System Update sees Xbox One become even better than it previously was!
The features which are rolling out now include:
- Screenshots – You can now take screenshots on your Xbox One console by simply double-tapping the Xbox button on your controller to capture a screenshot and pressing Y to save the screenshot. You can also say “Xbox, take a screenshot” to take and save a screenshot.
- Upload app – You can manage your screenshots in addition to your game clips in the Upload app. To set a screenshot as your background, go to Upload, open the screenshot full screen, press the Menu button, and select Set as background. You can also use Upload to share screenshots to your activity feed, attach them to messages, add screenshots to your showcase, share to Twitter, and post to OneDrive.
- Suggested friends – To find new friends, go to Friends and look for people under the Suggested friends heading or select the Suggested friends Or, if you don’t have a ton of friends yet, just check the Friends area of Home.
- Sharing your name – Gamertags are still the primary method of identifying yourself on Xbox Live, but sharing your real name helps people recognize you who might not know you by your gamertag. The new name sharing options can be found under Friends > My profile > Name sharing settings.
- Party chat enhancements – We added two new icons to party chat to show each participant their own microphone status. The Kinect icon means the Kinect is being used as the mic and the headset icon means the headset mic is being used.
- Tile transparency – We’re adding a setting to vary the level of transparency for your background images. To do this, go to Settings > My Xbox > Tile transparency.
- Voice search privacy – We added a new setting to share voice search data to allow anonymous collection and analysis of voice data when using Bing on Xbox to search. Go to Settings > Privacy and online safety > Custom > Share voice search data to change the setting.
- Report spam – The Messages app has an added option to notify Xbox when you receive spam. To report a message as spam, select it, press A on the controller, select Report, and then choose Spam.
- Live TV & OneGuide in Australia – Support for OneGuide is now available to all users in Australia for free-to-air TV listings. Additionally, the OneGuide app will be pre-pinned for users in Australia a few days after the March system update goes live.
- Xbox One Digital TV Tuner in Australia – Xbox One owners in Australia can pre-purchase the Xbox Digital TV Tuner at the online Microsoft Store, Availability of the tuner is planned for March 25, 2015.
Let us know what you think of the new features in the comments section below.