There are many games being hit with the Xbox One X update brush, but if ever there was a game that could take advantage of the new power, it would be ARK: Survival Evolved. And today the update has hit home!
Dropping for free to players of ARK: Survival Evolved is an Xbox One X update that brings a ton of visual enhancements, including HDR visuals, 1440p high-res options, longer draw distances and significantly reduced load times.
With True Sky dynamics, higher framerates and more thrown the way of ARK gamers, Survival Evolved is the ultimate visually and technically advanced dinosaur survival experience on any console – yep, that’s right!
“Ever since the original announcement of the Xbox One X, we’ve been excited to see how far Microsoft would push the hardware specs, and how far that would let us push ARK,” said Jeremy Stieglitz, Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Development Director, Co-Creative Director, Co-Founder of Studio Wildcard. “When gamers get their hands on this powerful new console, and of course, on the new build of ARK, we expect they’ll be just as impressed as we are with how much more visually immersive the world of ARK becomes.”
Xbox One X Enhancements include:
- The “Eyes” Have It – Enjoy “Detail Mode” with buttery smooth 30 FPS gameplay at 1440p or 60 FPS at 1080p in “Medium Quality”
- See Farther, and With More Detail: In 1440p “Detail Mode”, long-range shadows, high quality textures and extended draw distances enhance visual fidelity, while the “TrueSky” system renders volumetric clouds, realistic atmospheric fog & sunlight scattering, and dynamic weather systems.
- Split Screen and Split Up: In local splitscreen multiplayer mode, players can now split up to independently explore the islands.
- More Power Means More Players: With increased hardware performance, Xbox One X servers can now host 70 players in a game.
- Get There Faster: Improved loading and streaming times get you where you want to go on the ARK faster than before!
More than 10 million players have washed up on the shores of ARK island so far, with all of them vying to survive by hunting, taming, training and breeding more than 100 dinosaurs found wandering the vast open-world. If you haven’t joined in, then you really should. Have a read of our review and then get on over to ARK and witness the glorious Xbox One X update that it now brings.
You may like to check out the trailers below too.