There’s a new action RPG coming to town and BIOMUTANT has the game director of both Mad Max and Just Cause behind it. I guess we can expect something a bit decent then eh?
THQ Nordic have today announced that indie developer Experiment 101 will be delivering BIOMUTANT to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. A brand new and original open world RPG, it will let you explore a world in turmoil as you define its fate. Will you be the hero and saviour? Or will you lead it into even darker depths? By combining mutant powers, bionics and weapons, only you will decide!
BIOMUTANT’s unique design lets players change their character’s abilities and appearance with powerful mutations, bionic prosthetics and weapons. Grow claws, sprout wings, or attach a robotic leg – each choice will impact the way your hero plays in real-time combat that blends melee martial arts and firearms.
Set in an imaginative post-apocalyptic universe, BIOMUTANT is a kung fu fable filled with fantastic creatures to discover, dangerous factions to navigate, and colorful worlds to explore with mechs, paragliders, balloons, mounts, jet skis and more.
- A NEW TAKE ON 3rd PERSON COMBAT: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- EVOLVE YOUR GAME-PLAY: You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- NEXT LEVEL OF CRAFTING: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- GEAR UP FOR ADVENTURE: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- SURVIVE IN A VIBRANT OPEN WORLD: You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- AN UNUSUAL STORY WITH AN UNUSUAL END: A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down
BIOMUTANT is expected to launch in 2018. You’ll find that the game will be playable at the THQ Nordic Booth at Gamescom as well as at PAX West.