In the latest instalment in the lengthy Trine series, it is time to embark on the adventure of a lifetime with Amadeus, Zoya and Pontius once again. Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC is here. And this promises to be the deepest chapter in the series yet.
A Co-Op Adventure!
With the exciting recent news that Trine 5 will be playable in both online and local 4-player co-op (as well as solo), many cannot wait to play it on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
This exciting 2.5D adventure sees Amadeus the Wizard, Zoya the Thief, and Pontius the Knight attempt to take down a Clockwork army. Their own reputations and magical powers have already taken a hit. As such it is imperative that they succeed on their mission.
Iterating upon the puzzles set out in the Trine: Ultimate Collection (containing all the Trine games up to Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince). And what’s more, the updated puzzle difficulty system scales the puzzles to the number of players you have. Therefore, do not fear when playing solo – you’ll get by just fine!
Wield powerful magical attacks in colourful combat – ensure you have your tactical hat on, especially when synergising powerful moves with co-op buddies. You’ll also be able to develop abilities with the new skill quest system.
- A beautiful 2.5D world with twenty gorgeous levels ready for players to explore!
- Local and online multiplayer — play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op
- Puzzles with plenty of replayability and dynamic physics — encounter fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with puzzles tailored both for solo and co-op play
- Challenging combat — fight against the unstoppable Clockwork Knights and the cunning Rat Gang in engaging and tactical battles, and try your wits and courage in formidable boss fights!
- Difficulty settings for combat, puzzles and character resurrection — the game welcomes everyone’s own playstyle.
- Experience the mesmerizing soundtrack, with songs that capture the essence of each unique environment, as well as a voice cast of returning favourites and charming new additions
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC.
Whilst we prep our full review of Trine 5 on Xbox, you can check it out on the Xbox Store. It costs £24.99.
Trine 5 on Xbox Game Description
Trine 5: A Clockwork Conspiracy will take Amadeus the Wizard, Zoya the Thief, and Pontius the Knight on their most action-packed journey yet!
With their reputations tarnished, loved ones in danger, and their own magical powers at stake, the Heroes of Trine must reunite to push back a fearsome Clockwork army and bring peace and justice to the land!
Traverse breathtaking 2.5D landscapes in Trine’s deepest and visually richest chapter to date, with an all new cast of characters – some friends, some foes, but all unforgettable.
Whether by yourself or playing with up to three friends in online and local co-op, the upgraded puzzle difficulty system keeps things fresh, adapting the challenge to the number of players.
Level up the heroes’ abilities with the all-new skill quest system, growing their legend as they are once again united by… the Trine!