The ‘cult’ classic Cult of the Lamb has firmly placed cults, rituals and all things Lovecraftian horror firmly at the forefront of our minds. Developers Astrolabe Interactive and RedDeerGames as publishers are seeking to put this into the party brawler mould with Sacrifice Your Friends.
Available now on Xbox, PlayStation and Switch – a first console release after a PC debut in October of 2022 – Sacrifice Your Friends is a mad-cap party brawler that is certainly visually inspired by the likes of Overcooked!.
As you navigate a set of dynamic stages, each with their own unique layout and obstacles, your goal is to defeat up to three local or online friends, as you aim to be the last one standing. As you do so, the cult of the Old Ones will grow ever-stronger, opening up even more stories of Lovecraftian design. The fish-folks of Innsmouth look to be a real laugh!
Throughout multiple game modes will you make use of a range of quirky weapons, and deck out your character with a huge selection of cosmetic items. All to become the ultimate cultist of the Great Old Ones, of course!
- Lovecraftian – Discover the mythos of legendary author H.P. Lovevcraft.
- Arena mode – Have at it with your friends in exciting arenas for 2 to 4 players.
- Sheer madness – Embrace madness and unleash devastating powers by transforming into the mighty avatar of a Great Old One.
- Locations – 16 unique dangerous arenas inspired by Lovecraft’s work.
- Fun for everyone – With simple controls and goals, everyone can join in. We know: we had our mothers test it out.
- Mastery – Don’t let the previous point fool you, however: the most competitive players of SYF will find countless ways in which they may fine tune their skills and dominate the arena.
- Physic based – Hits and explosions can send everyone flying!
- Couch and Online – Play couch, play online, or mix a little bit of both.
- Game modes – Deathmatch, Conquest, Tournaments, and more.
- Solo/Co-op story – The Miskatonic Travel Co. invites you to a selection of tours to explore the universe of H.P. Lovecraft like never before.
- Player customization – Discover new weapons, characters, accessories, arenas, and more.
Sacrifice Your Friends today on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, Switch and PC.
Whilst we take a break from defeating our mates to write our review of Sacrifice Your Friends for Xbox, you can find out more about the game on the Xbox Store. It currently costs £16.74 over there.
A Mad Party Brawler
Sacrifice Your Friends is a 1- 4 players fast-paced party brawler in a cute cartoon horror style. Use various weapons, battle your friends, grow your cult of the Old Ones, and embrace insanity as you try to survive in a chaos of dangerously dynamic environments.
A guided tour of the universe of H. P. Lovecraft
Chaotic, fast-paced, accessible but hard to master, Sacrifice Your Friends presents a fresh take on the H.P. Lovecraft horrific mythos that lets you experience its stories with your friends. Take a tour of strange adventures and mysteries inspired by Lovecraft stories: Explore the depths of the Mountain of Madness, escape the fish-folks mob of Innsmouth, find your way through the catacombs of the Nameless City, and much more.
Grow your Cult and show your devotion
Choose a Cult to offer your sacrifices and wake its Elder One. Unlock weapons with unique dynamics for exciting new ways to play. Turn your spoils of victory into silly player customization. Test your friends’ skills in multiple eldritch game modes and prove yourself the ultimate cultist of the Great Old Ones!