Over the course of the last twelve months or so, Redstart Interactive have given players the opportunity to Get-A-Grip Chip, after release on Switch and PC. Today though it’s time for Xbox players to join the action, with the double launch of Get-A-Grip Chip and the follow-on, Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs.
It’s a swift one-two that is hitting the Xbox Store today as Get-A-Grip Chip breaks away from the stores of Nintendo Switch and PC to also now launch on Xbox. Playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Get-A-Grip Chip will see you hoping to help the titular Chip as he heads off on a perilous adventure.
Sent forth to tackle the dangerous depths of a robot assembly factory, Chip will utilise his trusty head-mounted grapple hook to work through the details. It’s here where no less than thirty hand-crafted stages will play out, all spread across five unique worlds. Dodging obstacles, rescuing friends and tackling the fears of this factory will all be present.
You’ll also get the chance to hit up leaderboards, testing your speedrunning skills against others, as you help Chip take on this journey.
There’s a ton going on in Get-A-Grip Chip, mostly centred around that grapple, with the key game features including:
- Fun to Learn — Even More Fun to Master – Chip can move side-to-side, grapple to anchor points, and then launch off of them – so anyone can learn to play. But to survive the escalating complexity of the arcade-style levels, you’ll build a truly masterful degree of skill and dexterity.
- Suss Out Secret Spaces – Survive the onslaught of obstacles and you’ll be rewarded with your lost Battery Bot friends. The more Battery Bots you seek, the sooner they’ll unlock new levels, bringing Chip closer to the ultimate goal: repairing their malfunctioning friend Scan-It Janet and escaping the factory!
- Trim Your Time to Take the Top Spot – Compete with your friends and players around the globe for the fastest runs! Hook, launch, and dodge your way through all five floors of the factory and see where you stack up on each level’s leaderboard.
- Unlock Achievements and Custom Equipment – In addition to the primary gameplay, discover and unlock achievements and custom equipment that changes Chip’s appearance – custom equipment is themed to each floor, and can be acquired by finding each floor’s Battery Bots or completing a variety of additional challenges.
- Savor the Soundtrack Flavor – Hot tracks accompany the fresh platforming challenges throughout – the original soundtrack is chock full of slappers by Stimmerman. The final level of each world is timed to the beat of its track, so getting into the music will also get you into a perfect gameplay flow.
If that all sounds good, then you’ll be able to purchase and download Get-A-Grip Chip from the Xbox Store right now – it’ll cost you £8.39.
Once you’ve done so, it’ll most probably be worth your time to check out the follow-on game too – Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs.
This one takes what was found in the original game and drops some body bugs in for good measure. It’s releasing today on Xbox, Switch, PC through Steam and mobile, with the Body Bugs going free if you own the original game on Xbox.
Body Bugs sees old Chip take on a whole new mission, one in which he is found entering the human body in hope of helping out a digestive system which is on the verge of destruction. Helping out on this quest will be an army of white blood cells, as you look to fight off the Body Bugs.
The key features of this one include:
- Escape a gauntlet of high-flying and fast-moving digestive obstacles
- Defeat the Body Bugs invading the mouth, the stomach and the intestines
- Soar through the gastrointestinal tract across 12 levels of grappling mayhem
- Explore hidden areas and rescue all your cellular friends
- Race to the top spot on arcade style leaderboards
Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs is on the usual digital stores – we’ll link you to the Xbox Store – but this one is considerable cheaper; a mere £2.49.
Keep an eye out for reviews of both games from us very soon.
Get-A-Grip Chip Description:
Gear up for grappling action with Get-A-Grip Chip! Help Chip save the lost Battery Bots on a perilous journey through the treacherous depths of a robot assembly factory. The catch? The Hooks! When piloting Chip, you can’t jump, but you can soar over pits of molten metal, giant crushers, pools of toxic waste, shifting saws and high-powered lasers using your trusty head-mounted grapple! With 30 meticulously crafted levels across 5 diverse worlds, Get-a-Grip Chip is sure to get you (grappling) Hooked! Dodge deadly obstacles, rescue the Battery Bots, and race your friends (or rivals) for the top spot on the leaderboards.
Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs Description:
Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs sends tiny robotic hero Chip on a new mission: to enter the human body and dismantle digestive distress! In this satisfying 2D platformer, master Chip’s grappling hook and get things flowing through the digestive system. Raise an army of white blood cells to fight off the Body Bugs as you grapple through the body for guts and glory.