Edit – 22/04/21 – Monster Harvest will now be releasing on July 8th in digital form on Xbox One, PS4, Switch and Steam, with the PS4 and Nintendo Switch physical drops arriving on July 23rd 2021.
If you’ve been holding out for a bit of farming action, a little smattering of RPG adventuring and the chance to gather up a ton of monster collecting, Monster Harvest is the game for you. It’s coming to Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC and today the release date has been confirmed.
First announced back in August 2020, Monster Harvest will give those looking to embark on all new adventures the chance to do so when it releases digitally on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 on June 3rd, Nintendo Switch and PC come May 13th, with physical PS4 and Switch options launching in June – 4th for Europe, 8th for the US.
A pixelated farming sim in the same vein as Stardew Valley, Monster Harvest comes with a bit of a twist. You see, whilst life initially starts off simple enough as you work your way through Planimal Point, creating farms, customising your home as you see fit, and crafting your own furniture, you’ll soon find that the world outside is a little bit, well, weird.
In Monster Harvest from Merge Games and Maple Powered Games you will have the opportunity to mutate your own crops, creating companions who you can then take into battle. And depending on how you feed said crops, you’ll find that up to 72 different mutations will be available in all. And of course, when you have monsters, and you have numbers, you’ll just have to go and grow em all.
Once you have your army of crops set, you’ll be found going into battle, utilising turn-based systems, exploring dungeons and more. Why? Well, because if you don’t the evil SlimeCo will take over the land.
Features of Monster Harvest include:
- Farm with mutants! Use magical slimes to mutate the crops you grow on your farm.
- Collectible Planimal companions! Some slimes mutate your crops into Planimals!
- Take your loyal companions into battle as you look to save Planimal Point from the Evil SlimeCo.
- Three unique seasons: Dry, Wet, and Dark – Strange weather and seasons shift what you can grow.
- Venture into the town of Planimal Point – Discover the people and creatures that live there, build relationships to gain discounts in stores.
- Craft dozens of items for your farm and your house.
So, get ready for some proper hardcore monster harvesting when Monster Harvest finds a home on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC through Steam in May and June. Unless of course you decide to hold out for that physical edition. Let us know what you decide by posting in the comments.