Ever since the Klabater team announced The Amazing American Circus back in 2020, excitement over the unique deck building elements has had us gripped, looking forward to a release in May. As with many things though, delays have occurred and it’s meant that the team behind this big-top extravaganza have had to push back the release date a little – but to compensate at least we have a new story trailer and beta test details for The Amazing American Circus.
So let’s get that release date out of the way first and the initial launch date of May 20th is being pushed back to August, with August 12th the date that The Amazing American Circus will release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC.
That push back on the release may be something that many are disappointed by, but like we’ve said many times over the years – and like Cyberpunk 2077 famously confirmed – if something ain’t ready, don’t drop it.
But there is good news and that comes in the form of the first stage of The Amazing American Circus’ beta tests. These start from May 7th, with Kickstarter supporters being amongst the first to get hands-on with the game. This will then expand on May 20th to an open beta, with Steam Playtest mechanics on hand. It is here where players will be able to test fragments of the first of the four regions that will be available in the game.
“The decision to postpone the premiere to August is due to the commitment to the final quality and enjoyment of the game, and the additional time needed to properly certify the game on all console platforms.” – says Michał Gembicki, Klabater’s Joint-CEO. – “We also want to give ourselves a bit more time to market the game and bring it closer to players through open playtests on Steam. We are committed to a transparent presentation of The Amazing American Circus. We are pleased with the quality of the game as it stands and believe that the best we can do in the coming weeks is just to let the gamers who follow the production play it.”
If you’re wondering what the hell The Amazing American Circus is, then we highly advise you to check out our exclusive recent interview with the team behind it. It certainly provides a decent insight into what we should expect to see when the game finally arrives, as it gives players the chance to build a circus from scratch, to travel the country and to work deck building, Slay the Spire styled gameplay into the action.
Features will include…
- Become a legend! Save a run-down circus, gather a troupe of performers, and dare to defy the greatest showman on earth – P.T Barnum himself.
- Recruit and train over 15 different types of circus artists
- Take part in exciting battles on the circus arena using the beautifully illustrated collectible cards
- Upgrade your circus caravan thanks to different types of wagons offering over 100 possible modifications
- Meet both historical and fictional characters deeply embedded in American folklore, such as John D. Rockefeller, Susan B. Anthony, or Nikola Tesla
- Immerse yourself in a story taking place during the turbulent era of the fading Wild West and enter the beautiful and dark world of Native American folklore and the immigrant populace
- Listen to a unique soundtrack inspired by classic circus music and American country & folk
The game will debut on PC and consoles at the price of 19.00 (USD / EUR) for the basic version and 29.99 (USD / EUR) for the Ringmaster’s Edition containing, among many things, a country-folk OST and a set of digital extras, including a stunning cookbook and a lore book.
The latest story trailer does a good job of hammering home the idea too. Give it a watch and then either get yourself involved in those beta tests, or hold tight until August 12th. We’ll be sure to remind you as soon as The Amazing American Circus is playable on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC.