One of the most iconic of all micro-management games, RollerCoaster Tycoon is back – and this time it’s coming to Xbox in the form of RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe.
Announced today by Atari, it’ll soon be time for thrill enthusiasts to get back to work, implementing their dreams and creating the biggest, the best, the most diverse theme park ever. When you’ve got the likes of Park Beyond and Planet Coaster competing in the same space, those excitement levels rise like never before.
Deluxe Adventures await
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe on Xbox, will be joined by versions for PlayStation, updated and re-launching on Nintendo Switch. Atari are promising that the new version will introduce some 80 rides and attractions, seasonally themed to really hammer home the thrills. That means RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe will have some 200 rides in total.
It’ll come with a new UI too, fully optimised for console controllers, ensuring seamless theme park building and development can be yours.
Streamlined and much more approachable then previous, RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe will also come with three game modes. These should allow for utter creativity and freedom to come to the fore, whilst further performance enhancements will also be in place.
The key features of RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe on Xbox will include
- Updated and optimized version of Atari’s best-selling RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures
- Three gameplay modes for variety and replayability: Sandbox, Adventure, and Scenarios
- Casual, approachable gameplay and simplified mechanics make it a treat for all ages
- Over 80 new rides and attractions, seven types of roller coasters, new customization options, and seasonally-themed rides bring the total to 200
- Customization terrain modifications with four separate environments including Alpine Mountains, Desert Canyons, Jungle Tropics, and Lunar Moonscape
- Use with modern console controllers has been fully optimized for a fluid and fun simulation experience
- Get ultra-detailed with landscaping options to design pathways, and flowerbeds, and add bushes, trees, foliage, and exciting water features throughout your park
- Unleash your inner artists with a robust color wheel to paint rides, coasters, shops, and restaurants, to make them stand out or color-coordinate your park
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe park building awaits
In development via the Graphite Lab and Nvizzio Games teams, set to be published by Atari, we’re expecting to see RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe on Xbox later in 2023. It’ll be playable on Xbox Series X|S only, so those on Xbox One look like they’ll miss out.
RollerCoaster Tycoon Adventures Deluxe will also launch on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Nintendo Switch via the Nintendo eShop.
Edit: 28th June 2023 – Amended developers to Graphite Lab and Nvizzio Games.